PDA

View Full Version : My Inspection report

manjay
12-10-2010, 08:57 AM
For anyone who is interested;) . Really need to share with others who understand how important it is!!! the file is too large to upload on here but you can access it via the link on my home page.

http://cheekyrascalzchildcare.co.uk/default.aspx

Polly2
12-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Thats a fabby inspection report! Well done! I am interested in your work diary...I have a diary but its got EVERYTHING in! includeing my kids social life!

Do you have a separate one for planning? I think thats a really good idea as evidence for inspectors. I plan monthly/termly but often forget what i did last year. :rolleyes:

Cammie Doodle
12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Wow what a report, well done you :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

manjay
12-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Thats a fabby inspection report! Well done! I am interested in your work diary...I have a diary but its got EVERYTHING in! includeing my kids social life!

Do you have a separate one for planning? I think thats a really good idea as evidence for inspectors. I plan monthly/termly but often forget what i did last year. :rolleyes:

I did used to print a diary off each month but it was getting too costly. Now I have a page per day one from Smiths that I just use for work. It has my fridge temps, a tick to say I have done my daily RA, who's coming, what we have had for snacks and meals and then what we have done during the day. I don't really use it for planning as it is more retrospective in that I fill in the majority at the end of the day. I will however make notes of things the children say or seem interested in and then that feeds into my termly planning.

I also love the fact that she has included parent's comments this time. My last one didn't have that.

Polly2
12-10-2010, 11:24 AM
May borrow that idea! So how do you record your termly planning? I am thinking of having rolling planning over say a couple of years with loose themes allowing for interests to feed in iykwim!

At the moment I am printing out sheets.

We made saltdough handprints the other day and one parent said "oh yeah I remember these from last time!"

Not the reaction I was looking for!!! :rolleyes: Thats why I am thinking I need to change things a bit

Lovely comments by your parents! Its great to read what they say about us isn't it!

manjay
12-10-2010, 11:52 AM
May borrow that idea! So how do you record your termly planning? I am thinking of having rolling planning over say a couple of years with loose themes allowing for interests to feed in iykwim!

At the moment I am printing out sheets.

We made saltdough handprints the other day and one parent said "oh yeah I remember these from last time!"

Not the reaction I was looking for!!! :rolleyes: Thats why I am thinking I need to change things a bit

Lovely comments by your parents! Its great to read what they say about us isn't it!

My planning looks like a big mess on a large piece of paper:D . It is very very loose because most of my days are led by the children. I had a brain storm at the beginning of October where I wrote down lots of ideas that could be generated by the children through what they see and encounter in Autumn ( making sure I have loads for all the different areas of learning)and then I just refer back to that if I want to extend an activity. May be a bit different with you having all littlies. However the planning for Early Entitlement children is on a whole different level:rolleyes:

Polly2
12-10-2010, 12:12 PM
However the planning for Early Entitlement children is on a whole different level:rolleyes:

I bet it is :thumbsup: