PDA

View Full Version : out of area childminder drop in's

Happy Bunny
11-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I was told about a drop in for childminders, it was out of my area but did not stipulate on the advert that it was just for that area.
I attended as was told by the person running it that it was just for local minders.
Does it matter, i pick up from that areas schools not my own so why shouldn't i attend.
Was made to feel an outcast.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
11-10-2010, 09:03 PM
thats not very nice

I run a group and welcome all minders no matter where they are from.

Their loss!

HomefromHome
11-10-2010, 09:07 PM
er thats not good! we have minders come to our group who arent directly in our area! surely if you a childminder you are 'allowed' to attend??!! particularly if there isnt anything around you...

Pipsqueak
11-10-2010, 09:08 PM
That is just so rude and ignorant.
I know each area will be allocated a certain amount of money and of course that money does need to be spent on those in the area.
However, everyone should be welcomed and if you ccare for children from the area then you should be more than welcomed!

Happy Bunny
11-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Thats what i thought, the woman who ran it said the priority was for local childminders and i would have to phone first, i live a half hour walk away!
Not going there again. I also attend another group in that area and am made to feel so welcome.
Perhaps the woman that runs in needs training in talking to people LOL

HomefromHome
11-10-2010, 09:23 PM
cherie do you have a development worker or equivalent? might be worth talking to her (or him!) - unfortuantely you will always come across the one or two who are like this - good job we have the forum really! :D

Happy Bunny
11-10-2010, 09:28 PM
I love this forum it's my life saver!

HomefromHome
11-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I love this forum it's my life saver!

oh yes! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

juejue
11-10-2010, 09:40 PM
We have been turned away from a playgroup before today coz we were childminders.

Was told we have to many children and its not fair on the other parents that attend.

Because the room can only hold so many

There was 3 childminders with 6 children :angry: