PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe it!!!

Tatia
09-04-2008, 08:45 AM
On Monday, Mum of one of my little mindees called and asked if I cuold start having her 10 year old daughter during hols, same hours as her brother who is nearly 3. I said sure, fine, no problem, she can come the rest of ths week if she wanted. I also saif let me know what you want to do so we can do the paperwork. Didn't hear back so assumed it would not be until May half-term.

GUESS WHAT?!!!

She just showed up with both children on my doorstep! I am stunned. She didn't even text to ask if it was alright or anything. I think I was a bit rude and said "You should have called me and let me know cos of the paperwork." But I'm a big softie really (and liking the extra money for the rest of the week) so I went ahead and accepted her but made Mum sign emergency treatment form before she left, her worrying she was gonna miss her train!:mad: Also stressed that she absolutely must sign contract tonight when she gets here to collect.

I mean, seriously?

Minnie Minx
09-04-2008, 08:47 AM
fgs, what is it with some parents, are they stoopid or just plain lazy, surely she must have realised that it was important to sign them, not just for you but for her child as well :censored:

xx

mum2two
09-04-2008, 08:48 AM
WOW! Some parents just think we're there for them as and when they want us!

She should've double checked today was alright with you. But like you say, extra money is a real bonus. And normally the older kids are easier.

Hope they're both ok for you. Make sure you pin her down tonight for the contracts!

Kelly x

anneriddington
09-04-2008, 08:50 AM
The cheek! Sometimes its hard to not explode at some of the things some parents do. Glad you have the extra work but a shame it had to start with you feeling unhappy:(

Minnie Minx
09-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Have you got an emergency plan with what to do with a 10 year old lol

xxx

fionamal
09-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Some parents just never seem to think things through first.

Hope your day goes okay with your unexpected mindee.

emler
09-04-2008, 09:03 AM
:eek: OMG! Parents!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emler x

sarah707
09-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Have you got an emergency plan with what to do with a 10 year old lol xxx

:laughing: Chuck them out in the garden with a football til lunchtime :laughing:

Oh, sorry, thinking about my ds at that age! :laughing:

Noodles
09-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Some parents just dont care do they :angry:

Tatia
09-04-2008, 09:58 AM
TBH, she's a real gem. She's keping everyone occupied. I'm doing a bit of tidying and she's reading them all a story! Made a nice picture for the old photo album!

:blush: I must confess that I sat down merely to clear up the desk and suddenly, my willful fingers were leading me here to the forum! Shameful addiction!

Banana
09-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Parents live in a whole other world dont they!

Hope she signs the contracts tonight for you!
x

Mollymop
09-04-2008, 12:19 PM
Glad to hear that she is such a good kid! But I amazed at how the mum took advantage of you like that, not a word from her and then all of a sudden "here you go"
I can't understand how she could do that?

Anyway, enjoy the extra money X

ma7ie
09-04-2008, 12:46 PM
After hearing all the other stories on here, nothing surprises me now.

I wonder what we'd be like if our children had to go to a childminder? I really wouldn't have the nerve to do half the stuff I've heard about on here.:mad:

son77
09-04-2008, 01:10 PM
I had someone last year visit me with her daughter, she only needed one day but was also enquiring about the possibilty of school hols.

Anyway, visit came & went, I said if she required my services then to ring me so we can do the necessary paperwork.

Never heard from her again so I presumed she had sorted something else, then........

...........the night before the day she required, she rang me around 7pm to say, I'll be dropping X off at 8am as arranged!!

As arranged? I don't remember that?

As it was I could no longer do it, but some parents eh!

Rubybubbles
09-04-2008, 01:39 PM
she's lucky you took the lo in TBH!

I always make a point of no contract no care end of! ****** cheek

Tatia
09-04-2008, 01:40 PM
But I amazed at how the mum took advantage of you like that, not a word from her and then all of a sudden "here you go"
I can't understand how she could do that?

I've been wracking my brain wondering where it could have all gone wrong. I wonder if she misunderstood when I told her she could start on Wednesday? I meant, of course, with notice and paperwork completed but maybe she just assumed it was all arranged. She must.

Well, it's hard to hold a grudge when the child has been so lovely all day. We've just been down to the beach collecting shells to make a collage and she asked me shyly could she put some in her pocket to take home cos she wants to make a special picture called "my day at the beach with Tatia". :)

Minnie Minx
09-04-2008, 01:46 PM
aww tatia that's lovely, she sounds a little darling

xx