PDA

View Full Version : pram help please

sweets
11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I want a new single pram, at the moment i have a petit star zia which up to now ive loved, still love it really but its quite difficult to push with one hand whilst holding another toddlers hand! also i look after a little boy who is 2 and disabled so really needs a footplate bit so he can have his legs up, rather than having them dangling.

i really like the look of the baby jogger mini city elite, my friend has an original mini city and its great but the elite version has an adjustable foot bit which the original hasnt. The only problem is that it is expensive, about £300:eek: i am watching one on ebay but its just gone out of my price range :( i am will ing to spend up to £180-£200 MAX.

MY new pram needs to be 3 wheeler as i love them, needs to fold up small and the wheels need to pop off easily so i can fit it in my boot with my double (jane powertwin)

any suggestions anyone?

Mouse
11-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I have the First Wheels City Elite (among others!) & love it. It's so easy to push, even one handed.

The seat & wheels come off easily, but it is still quite chunky, so probably not what you're looking for.

sweets
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
just googled it, looks a nice pram but i really need one with the footplate bit.

Blaze
11-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Mothercare Urban Detour:thumbsup:

Mookins
11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Mothercare Urban Detour:thumbsup:

i have this...its soooo heavy and doesnt go small but very very good for pushing, smooth,ease of steering am desperatly trying to get rid of it so woulnt advise it to anyone

:(

xx

crazyhazy
11-10-2010, 05:51 PM
What about a phil and teds, they're often recommended for the ability to add the second seat but it's a great pushchair as a single too and the seat is really big, does them up to 5y, very easy to push single handed too.

sweets
11-10-2010, 05:54 PM
yeah but they dont have the foot bit either :( the mini city elite is the only pram ive seen that has it.

apart from some cheap pushchairs but i really want a nice looking and long lasting pram!

crazyhazy
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
yeah but they dont have the foot bit either :( the mini city elite is the only pram ive seen that has it.

apart from some cheap pushchairs but i really want a nice looking and long lasting pram!

Sorry I don't really understand, there is plenty of space for their feet and at 2 they'd be able to reach and rest their feet on it, my just turned 2y old can and she's small for her age.

sweets
11-10-2010, 07:03 PM
my 2 year old has special needs and has no control over his legs so unless they are out straight they will dangle and he wont be able to keep them on the foot plate. :thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
11-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Quinny buzz? That has a footrest that moves up and down. They're expensive new but I got a catalogue return from the manufacturer from a third of the new price. Brand new but for a couple of minute scratches!! The 2010 models are supposed to be easier to push than previous models.

loocyloo
11-10-2010, 07:23 PM
maxi cosi or quinny speedi?

i have the maxi cosi one and the foot rest comes up.

i find it easy to push one handed.

Helen79
11-10-2010, 07:40 PM
I've got a Britax Beep (for sale ;) ), it's got a small foot plate bit, ds (2.5yrs) manages to keep his feet rested on it.

I can push it 1 handed, it's very lightweight and folds small.

sweets
11-10-2010, 07:44 PM
thanks helen but the pram really needs to have a flap bit that comes up so he can have his legs straight out in front. Bit hard to describe but i know what i mean :laughing:

Blaze
11-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Sorry read your post in a rush earlier - get what you mean now!:blush:

sweets
11-10-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry read your post in a rush earlier - get what you mean now!:blush:

think i do too as well now! lol. i said i needed a foot plate but its not really, its a leg flap! :laughing: :laughing:

onceinabluemoon
11-10-2010, 07:56 PM
think i do too as well now! lol. i said i needed a foot plate but its not really, its a leg flap! :laughing: :laughing:

Could it be calf support you're on about? ;)

sweets
11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Could it be calf support you're on about? ;)

yes well done! thats the technical name :laughing: :laughing: if only id have thought of that in the first place :rolleyes: lol

crazyhazy
11-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Ah now I understand, was a bit tired earlier! The quinny buzz def has a moveable leg rest, well the 2006 model I had did and they come up cheap on ebay quite a bit. Not sure if the speedi is the same but might be worth a look as it's got 3 big wheels rather than the daft small front wheel that the buzz has.

watgem
12-10-2010, 06:54 AM
I have a mountain buggy, I love it its light, roomy(will take a 5 year old with ease)wheels pop off, got a foot plate, is indestructable, I jet wsh it clean now again, was expensive but worth every penny:)

Helen79
12-10-2010, 12:31 PM
I understand what you mean now. I know the m&p ultima has a calf support but it's not a 3 wheeler. it is light though and faces both ways

appleblossom
12-10-2010, 10:42 PM
The Out'n'About Nipper Single 360 would suit you I think. I have the twin version. Extremely easy to push, even with one hand. Good calf support. The rear wheels pop off really easily if you can't fit it in your car boot with them on.