PDA

View Full Version : Am i allowed to use Tesco photoshop???

Fabby
10-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Am i allowed to print mindees pics off at tesco or not? I asked my development officer if i could use tesco and she said yes because they also have to follow the law with the data protection act. I have put loads of pics on a disc and need to go and print but dont want get in trouble with OFSTED if they see it as though you shouldnt and that you should use a home printer.

What do you think?

maisiemog
10-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I use snapfish for my photos and its never been a problem. I would assume the same would be ok for tesco!

keeks
10-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Very interesting question. We had this discussion last week as management have made it close to impossible to print photos at work (a nursery). My colleague offered to take them to Boots, and we weren't sure whether that would be allowed.

Will be following this thread with interest.

xx

Pipsqueak
10-10-2010, 08:56 AM
I know there was a huge discussion about this. Apparently even when you use the machines to print the pix, it 'stores' the images. Also once you hand over your card/film to the assistant, those images are leaving your hands and you have no control over what is happening to them.

We are supposed to register with the ICO as we are taking photos and storing.

Hebs
10-10-2010, 09:05 AM
i suppose if you have registered with ICO and got permission from parents to take and print photos i cant see the problem,

obviously you wouldnt take any dodgy pics anyway :blush:

Fabby
10-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Ive got my inspection this week - all my learning journals are up to date with obs but no pics. Do you think i am best not printing the pics until i can get my own printer fixed and just explain to the inspector that i have pics to back up my obs but just not printed and if need be i can offer to show her the pics on the disc via my laptop? Do you think i am best doing that for now?
I haven't registered with the ICO because i am finishing for maternity in december for some months and didnt want to pay out the fee for only a couple of months worth. I do have permission forms off parents to take pics.

sarah707
10-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Ive got my inspection this week - all my learning journals are up to date with obs but no pics. Do you think i am best not printing the pics until i can get my own printer fixed and just explain to the inspector that i have pics to back up my obs but just not printed and if need be i can offer to show her the pics on the disc via my laptop? Do you think i am best doing that for now?
I haven't registered with the ICO because i am finishing for maternity in december for some months and didnt want to pay out the fee for only a couple of months worth. I do have permission forms off parents to take pics.

Hmmm, the problem is that if you have photos ... anywhere on digital media (memory stick, CD, camera etc) ... then you are legally required to register with ICO regardless of whether they are printed yet or not.

I would say once you are registered you can pretty much do what you want with them, so long as you take all possible steps to make sure they are secure.

However I don't have that in writing from Ofsted - who would probably pass the buck to ICO if asked anyway.

Hth :D

Hebs
10-10-2010, 10:00 AM
ofsted never asked me if i was registered with the ICO, never knew about them until it was mentioned on here :panic:

Fabby could you not play them as a slideshow on your laptop while she is there?? thats what i did :D

blue bear
10-10-2010, 11:57 AM
I print mine via truprint, you store them on your pc and send them online to them, they stay in your account and you have control over deleting them, obviously there is always a risk someone at truprint could use them but surely we cannot be responsible for another companys employee. We have a contract with truprint who agree to store and print responsibly so the same should be for Tesco.

tuprint is miles cheaper than tesco if you pre-buy prints and you get some free off your first order and when you recommend someoone.

karen48
10-10-2010, 03:13 PM

A friend childminder had her inspection last week and had done observations but had no photo's the ofsted lady said photo's would of been better and because of that she was down graded.

But i would print them off or as you said have them on your laptop. Have the laptop setup ready for her and say the photo's are on the laptop that go with my observations.

Hope that makes sense.

karen:clapping:

Fabby
10-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah i think what i am going to do is say i havent printed them due to my printer and that i have them on my laptop and have them ready for her to see if she wishes. I will ask my DO tomorrow about what i should say if she asks me if i am registered with ICO...

babs
10-10-2010, 08:39 PM
surely if you take them get them printed off and stick them in lj's then she wont know where they have been done and what if you had old film camera you would have to take that in to be developed..

The Juggler
11-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Yeah i think what i am going to do is say i havent printed them due to my printer and that i have them on my laptop and have them ready for her to see if she wishes. I will ask my DO tomorrow about what i should say if she asks me if i am registered with ICO...

i would see if you can print them at a friends house and pop her a few quid for the ink honey. any inspector who thinks it's better to have photos in the lj's is going to want to see them in there - I would think. Even if it's just a few each.

Also re: the ICO, I would tell her you've just applied and cert. is in the post.