PDA

View Full Version : PEGS!!!!

butterfly
09-10-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a little boy aged nearly 3 who is absolutely obsessed with pegs! He loves to sit and play with them and eat them!

Does anyone have any activity ideas I could try involving pegs and/or any eyfs links for pegs!!!

LisaMcNally09
09-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Making peg people - KUW PSED CD
A mini washing line so he can hang dolls clothes up - KUW PSRN
peg printing?? dipping in paint and seeing patterns shapes they make - PSRN PD CLL
a tool to use with play dough - PSRN CD PD CLL PSED

HTH:D

loocyloo
09-10-2010, 08:44 PM
going shopping for different types of pegs? and then sorting?

colour, size, wood, plastic, 'springy', old fashioned doll type pegs,...

how much can one peg hold?
what can you join together using pegs?
can you create a sculpture using pegs?
how many pegs can you get round the edge of a paper plate?

using tent pegs to make a den? using pegs to hold a den together?

i did have a look to see if i could find a video of someone/factory making pegs (surely some childrens programme must have filmed it!!!) but can't!

hello kitty
10-10-2010, 07:12 AM
I have made patterns in a line on pieces of card with coloured dots and then the mindee has pegged the correct colour peg next to it along the side of the card. :)

chibault
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
First one is inspired by Lucyloo's suggestions, why don't you paint a paper plate yellow and some wooden pegs too, and then paint a lion's face and use the pegs as a mane? If you cut eye holes, put on elastic he can wear it as a mask too!

You could also make words/alphabet/numbers/shapes out of pegs and stick them to card and paint them.

How about a leaf gallery, you can collect the leaves now they're falling and peg them up and try to work out which tree they came from.

babs
11-10-2010, 08:30 AM
mindee i have always plays with my pegs to she puts them round the edge of the basket then puts basket on head saying look ive got a hat.. wilkinsons sell crafts that are peg bugs she had a great time making them...