PDA

View Full Version : Not yet registered, prospective client visiting-help!

acorns
08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
:eek: I've not yet completed my forms to register as a childminder and will be getting these next week at the follow up meeting with the under fives dept. The good news is that I have a prospective parent coming over the following day and would like some advice on what information I should provide her with. I have already written most of my policies but dont want to bombard her with all of them for fear of frightening her off!! At the same time I want to demonstrate that I am serious about my new career, also should I have a sperate policy relating to the care of under twos?? Thanks

sarah707
09-04-2008, 06:45 AM
I have a coffee and a chat with them, see if we gel... I give them a little welcome booklet to take away which lists some of my more important stuff like money, opening times, things to provide etc. I do talk about my behaviour management, safeguarding and complaints policies and settling in procedure, as there are bits from these that I like to mention.

If they are serious, we do paperwork at a 2nd meeting. :D

angeldelight
09-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Just wanted to say good luck with your registration and good luck with the parent

I would not worry and I would show her all what you have - she is going to have to see it all any way so it should not frighten her off

Good luck

Angel xx

emler
09-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Good luck from me too!

Emler x

miffy
09-04-2008, 06:51 AM
I think parents like to see how you interact with their child or children so have a few toys out and play with the child whilst chatting to the mum

Good luck

miffy xx

Pauline
09-04-2008, 08:51 AM
When does the mum want you to start minding her children? Just a thought, but it can take quite a while to get registered in some areas :(

Will move this thread to the Registration section as you will get more replies there - this section is for problems with the forum :)