PDA

View Full Version : She's Done It Again!!!!!!!!!!!!

claire'scherubs
08-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Some of you may remember a previous thread about a headteacher bringing a mindee back to my house after an after school club because her mum assumed I would pick her up.
Well the dear girl has managed to mess up my day again!!!!!! This could get confusing so bear with me:blush:
Turned up with her bike today and wanted to bike to school, however, received a text from her mum to tell S that she was to remember that if she biked to school then she must remember that she wouldn't have her bike all weekend as it would have to stay at school as she had got drama after school and that the headteacher had arranged transport back to my house at 4.30 (First I had heard of it:eek: )
She said she understood (8 yrs old).
This afternoon we all (3 mindees) trotted off to the School Harvest Festival at school had a lovely time and the children were allowed home earlier with us:clapping: My DS had brought all his bags up to the church and then mindee decided she didn't want to go to Drama club after all. No bags with her and was worrying about not having her bike all weekend:mad: :mad: :mad: Had to walk everyone home, then load everyone into the car to fetch her bags and try to explain to school why she wasn't doing drama club.

School made her stay:) I phoned her Mum and had a really good rant, seriously do I need this hassle, she is such a spoilt little girl and is pandered to by Mum in every way. What do you think?

Kaz1997
08-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Well done you for ringing the mother :clapping:

I was also thinking, does the Head Teachers insurance cover her for transporting children from her school? I bet it doesn't! This mother has a damn right cheek if you ask me.

I wish I could be more assertive in certain situations!

claire'scherubs
08-10-2010, 06:50 PM
The poor headteacher organised a BUS to bring her back to mine this time!!!!! I was so flippin angry that I just picked the phone up and rang, if I had waited until I saw her I would have probably started to see the funny side of it, but they have messed me about so many times I just saw red,:censored:

Andrea08
08-10-2010, 06:55 PM
well done you and yes stick by ya guns and tell parent what is and what isn't acceptable ..

some girls just are pritty in pink and need to be told NO

mushpea
09-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I stopped picking up from school clubs last year as it was getting silly
we would just get in coats of then have to go back out again,,if this parent isnt telling you the child will be dropped to you after the club then maybe you should take the mindess to the park at this time so you are not at home to recive her,, this should kick the parent in to shape,,, several times i have had parents turn up unexpecatdly and we werent at home but at the park, now they have learnt to let me know if they are comming early

Noomie
11-10-2010, 12:07 PM
School clubs are tricky. On one hand you may not mind but they do cause disruption. I am making it a rule that I will do no more than 2 clubs in a week (even then I think it's too much!) And it's in my policy that before signing children up to clubs they MUST check if it's OK with me first. You may have a parent wanting to pick a child up at that time. As for people dropping her back to you, I think that's a bonus in a way, depending on the legality of it all. But she has to go to the club and not choose to opt out of it when she feels like it. Hope mum pays you for the time at the club too cos if it gets cancelled than you will need to look after her.

suzyblue
12-10-2010, 08:40 AM
I refuse to do after school clubs so all children get dropped off to me or picked up from mine. I would not let a child change their mind about going. I stick to the routine and so do the parents.

Lady Haha
12-10-2010, 08:55 AM
I am so shocked every time I read a new thread about parents expecting childminders to pick up from after school clubs!!!! I would just assume parents would have the common sense to realise that it's inconvenient!

One of my mindees is starting a club tonight, but her mum didn't even think to ask me if I would accommodate this. She has arranged for another parent whose child is also going, to pick up mindee from mine at 4pm, take to club and drop back to me at 5.15pm! The only thing she asked was if I could keep her child a meal back for when she got here as I do provide cooked meals at 4.30pm. Means I am getting paid for the whole after school session but am only going to have mindee here for an hour altogether at most!

I would expect that of all parents! Maybe I'm just lucky!

manjay
12-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I am so shocked every time I read a new thread about parents expecting childminders to pick up from after school clubs!!!! I would just assume parents would have the common sense to realise that it's inconvenient!

One of my mindees is starting a club tonight, but her mum didn't even think to ask me if I would accommodate this. She has arranged for another parent whose child is also going, to pick up mindee from mine at 4pm, take to club and drop back to me at 5.15pm! The only thing she asked was if I could keep her child a meal back for when she got here as I do provide cooked meals at 4.30pm. Means I am getting paid for the whole after school session but am only going to have mindee here for an hour altogether at most!

I would expect that of all parents! Maybe I'm just lucky!

I guess I suppose it depends what type of after school club it is. Our school has them straight after school finishes so most of the time it is ok for me to do it. My own son also likes to go so it is not always inconvenient. I do ask that the parents check with me first though:D

Happy Bunny
12-10-2010, 09:58 AM
I used to do after school clubs but then the hassle of picking one lot up then walking back down again got a bit stressful, especially when i have a meal to prepare as well.

Have now said to all parents that if their child wants to do a afterschool club it is down to them to collect as i have a duty of care towards the other children, walking in and out in the pouring rain is not nice.

On another note i once had a parent put their child into a after school club and not tell me, there was me happily waiting for them to come out, to then be informed by teacher where they were. Phoned parent to say were they picking up then? Answer no. mmmmmmm we're supposed to be superwoman and mindreaders