PDA

View Full Version : Day from Hell!!!!!!!

Daftbat
08-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I love my job and don't usually have such a bad day as this but it honestly has been terrible.

Starts off with a 1 year old being delivered an hour earlier than arranged with mum - dad had brought the child this morning. No real problem except that they arrived just as getting 8 children out of the door for school run AND it meant that i had to get the triple buggy out from behind the other stuff in the garage at my busiest time!!!!!

Then get a text from a mum who I do some adhoc minding for - can I have X for a while this morning - he has had a tummy bug and can't go in to school till Monday but hasn't been sick for 24 hours!!!!!!! Er Nooooooooo!!!!

Then get a mix up with 1st child being collected and nearly ended up with the child for longer than I should have which would have put me over my numbers - stress which is not needed.

Child B is a complete grump all day.......

Finally stand outside school and one of the children is blatently telling another cild that the "tooth fairy" didn't take his tooth (which he had been really excited about yesterday) and that his parents were "lying" to him.

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Just finished work finally - going to get a glass of wine - have written to all the parents about being respectful to others cultures and beliefs and hopefully that will sort out one problem - goodness only knows about the others - they need to come down to planet earth.

Well, thanks for letting me get it off my chest.......Have a good weekend everyone:thumbsup:

jumpinjen
08-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I had a day a bit like that on Tuesday, am still feeling stressed from it.... I have a mum who seems to live on another planet and thinks that it is my job to follow up anything and everything for her daughter (who I have for four hours two eveings a week to put to bed by the way) I spoke to her nursery (25 hours a week) and they seemed to be on planet ZOgg too so I bit the bullet and just made the phone calls on her behlaf.... i resented it the whole time but someone has to take action on this little ones' behalf cos if they don't she's going to start school next year with a speech ability of a two year old and behavioural skills to match. I just can't understand some parents......

jen x

skytvaddict
08-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Oh dear, sounds dreadful.

I have had a glass of wine already!

My own DS ran off today and I let go of the buggy to catch him, buggy tipped off path banging 1 yr old mindee's head on the road! Not too much damage (grazed and bruised) but I am one childminder who has been chastising herself ever since!

Kaz1997
08-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Snap.... I think today has been the worse day for me in all 10 years of minding... so glad this day is over!

Enjoy your wine! xxx

Daftbat
08-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh dear, sounds dreadful.

I have had a glass of wine already!

My own DS ran off today and I let go of the buggy to catch him, buggy tipped off path banging 1 yr old mindee's head on the road! Not too much damage (grazed and bruised) but I am one childminder who has been chastising herself ever since!

Oh dear - hope everyone is alright :panic:

I forgot to add that I had to do 2 entries in the accident book - nose bleed - )child wouldn't stop climbing over the side of a chair, bet she will from now on!!!!), and finger caught in a toy and grazed it. Going into hibernation for the weekend:D

Pipsqueak
08-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Have...... had........ BAD........ day........... tooooooooo

sorry can't help but sending hugs xxx

sarah707
08-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Enjoy your wine! I think having read all that you deserve more than one glass! :laughing: :D

Helcatt
08-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Snap - Another one with a bad day here.

One child with a badly scratched face, one with a bitten hand! So two entries in the book - not been any for a while

2 slept, one didn't and just got a text from Mum going on about how hard it was to get him to sleep as he was so overtired! She knows as well as I do that if he doesn't want to sleep, there's no way he will!

One who did sleep was a bit of a bu&&er about it too - nearly 20 mins before he settled, with me going back in and settling every few minutes

But, on the plus side, payment has cleared

I had been saying how things have improved since our summer hols, but now it feels like it has all gone horribly wrong

HX

funfunfun
08-10-2010, 06:31 PM
I had a bad day yesterday :(

Had mindee a & b all screaming in sync .............one dropped off to sleep the other woke them up .....

then mindee c is saying i needs the toilot
(a situation i wont even go into but i have t0 be there with mindee)

then my own son adding to the stress of all the above

when they had all gone i pulled out a bottle and oh said its thursday you know ..........I said " Thursday is the new friday " :laughing: :)

I occsionnally have moments where i moan "yes me , moan NEVER " am like what i have got myself into but all in all i would never give it up ......

chin up after a weekend off you will be ready to tackle the kiddiwinkes on monday :) hugz to you ..........enjoy your wine xx

margimum
08-10-2010, 07:56 PM
To all of us who've had a bad day (or week!) just remember all the great moments within those days :)
I've been childminding now for 19 years and pity all those poor people who have to do boring jobs in boring offices/ factories whilst I'm having a whale of a time with some wonderful little people!! YES I have started on the wine!!:blush: :D

The Juggler
08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Hugs to you all :) :) :) :) :)

Kaz1997
08-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Your right... we must remember the good days and there are far more of them than the bad ones!

My friend said today "why don't you go back out to work?" I said "Nope! I could never work for a boss again, I like being self employed and working with the kids, even if some days are bad. Also I could not find a job out there that pays the wages I require and I doubt another job would be as much fun. This way I get to carry on being a big kid myself!"

Would be on the booze tonight but after my day I have a lovely migraine and booze would not help.. roll on tomorrow night so I can make up for it.

xxx

Mollymop
08-10-2010, 10:55 PM
You know your day sounds very much like mine!:rolleyes:

Mum comes 10 mins early and moans cos I was busy and couldn't answer the door (busy with dd who has upset belly and stuck on loo....door bell rings constantly though I shout Wait a MIn!) mum straight away has the cheek to ask why I didn't answer the door and when I tell her why and the fact she is too early says she came early so she can go to supermarket to get lunch before work! grr

Then another mum short changes me and then questions it and says she is sure she put the right money in envelope!

I hated my job today:(

Hugs to u!

juejue
08-10-2010, 11:23 PM
You know your day sounds very much like mine!:rolleyes:

Mum comes 10 mins early and moans cos I was busy and couldn't answer the door (busy with dd who has upset belly and stuck on loo....door bell rings constantly though I shout Wait a MIn!) mum straight away has the cheek to ask why I didn't answer the door and when I tell her why and the fact she is too early says she came early so she can go to supermarket to get lunch before work! grr

Then another mum short changes me and then questions it and says she is sure she put the right money in envelope!

I hated my job today:(

Hugs to u!

I hated my job yesterday.....Was just like you. One mum was 25 mins early because X had been up since 5 am and was doing her head in, she wanted to get out the house.....HELLO WHAT ABOUT ME. DONT I NEED TO GET READY and another dad 20 mins early, thought X got dropped off before school run not after school run....HELLO AGAIN. DONT YOU TALK TO THE WIFE. to find out the times

And the same again......2 parents. not the same ones... never had enough money or change. CAN I GIVE IT TO YOU NEXT WEEK :angry:

Kaz1997
08-10-2010, 11:29 PM
I hated my job yesterday.....Was just like you. One mum was 25 mins early because X had been up since 5 am and was doing her head in, she wanted to get out the house.....HELLO WHAT ABOUT ME. DONT I NEED TO GET READY and another dad 20 mins early, thought X got dropped off before school run not after school run....HELLO AGAIN. DONT YOU TALK TO THE WIFE. to find out the times

And the same again......2 parents. not the same ones... never had enough money or change. CAN I GIVE IT TO YOU NEXT WEEK :angry:

Yes of course you can pay me next week... along with a £5.00 charge for each day that the payment is late.. lol