PDA

View Full Version : I have bought a

hollyoaksmad
08-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Pogo printer cud say im rather disappointed at the quality of the picture but i suppose no real ink is used what do you think?

can you get ones which can have sticky stuff on the back to have them as stickers?x

Lick'le Oakes
08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I'm disapointed in mine too. the colour is awfull, they look like photos from the 80's. I thought they came with the sticky back but they hard to peel off.

LisaMcNally09
08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Pogo printer cud say im rather disappointed at the quality of the picture but i suppose no real ink is used what do you think?

can you get ones which can have sticky stuff on the back to have them as stickers?x

As far as im aware all the pogo printer paper are stickers. Have you tried peeling the back off?:D

I love mine but i have a HD camera so the picture quality is really good

Pipsqueak
08-10-2010, 10:34 AM
It depends which camera i am using for picture quality.
My phone pix aren't wonderful but they do the job for the LJ, if its from my digital camera its a lot better.

linda2girls
08-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm disappointed with the quality as well. The photos look fab on the camera and then when printed they look dark. The paper sent to me was all out of date, I sent it back and they sent more out of date paper, I thought this might be the problem.

Linda.

hollyoaksmad
08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I was told the out of date paper does not affect it. but yer iv tried peeling it of. I baught it with grant money and i think a poloroid camera would be better :(

hollyoaksmad
08-10-2010, 11:04 AM
just tried peeling it of which is hard to do but yer the are stickers :)

babs
08-10-2010, 12:00 PM
:laughing: check you have put paper in right my 1st few came out blurry but i had put card in wrong

Louise B
08-10-2010, 12:04 PM
I got one the other day for £24.99, and for what I'm going to use it for, it's a bargain. I hadn't read the instructions properly, too keen, lol, and didn't realise you had to leave the card in. Once I'd done that, it worked really well and the photos are really clear for kids records. I love mine (just hope it carries on being good, I'm worried now I've read all these posts!!! :panic: ) xxx

LisaMcNally09
08-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I got one the other day for £24.99, and for what I'm going to use it for, it's a bargain. I hadn't read the instructions properly, too keen, lol, and didn't realise you had to leave the card in. Once I'd done that, it worked really well and the photos are really clear for kids records. I love mine (just hope it carries on being good, I'm worried now I've read all these posts!!! :panic: ) xxx

I bought mine with a grant i got about 3 months ago and mine is still fab and i use it loads!! My ds and dd have had a family homework project and we have used the pogo for photos to use as illustrations.

I do know some people have had problems but i think it is alot to do with what you are using to take the photos.

I think its great value for money and for the price wouldnt expect perfect pictures but mine arent far off.:clapping:

If the photo quality is really bad i would contact polaroid and see if the printer is faulty. if they are in warranty then they will replace it

Chimps Childminding
08-10-2010, 12:19 PM
I agree the picture quality isn't the best, but for the childrens Learning Journals it is fine, plus is it saving me a fortune in ink!!!!!

I wish the paper had some sort of tab on it to get the back off easier, I always end up with a creased corner :angry:

Beetlejuice
08-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I agree the picture quality isn't the best, but for the childrens Learning Journals it is fine, plus is it saving me a fortune in ink!!!!!

I agree Carolyn - quality not amazing but perfectly adequate for my needs. I'm actually buying a pink one for DD1 for christmas!! (dont want her nicking mine for her projects lol.

Wrt to the out of date paper it's not a problem - it's some EU reg that they need to have a 'use by' date which isn't very long but actually doesn't affect the quality. If you find there is a problem with the quality, run the blue card through a few times and it cleans the rollers.

hollyoaksmad
08-10-2010, 06:03 PM
ohh thats what the blue card is 4 thanksx

karen m
08-10-2010, 07:14 PM
have had mine a few months now and think it is brill for what i use it for:clapping:

juejue
08-10-2010, 07:38 PM
I have one, but the charger is broken. Dose anyone know where I can get one .....just the charger ?