PDA

View Full Version : Food hygiene certificate

Kaz1997
07-10-2010, 09:50 PM
My friend recently met her new CDO and was asked where her food hygiene certificate was? She told the officer that she was not given one on the day of training and that it was meant to be posted to her over a year ago!!
My friend was told that it MUST be displayed and that she must obtain a copy.
For her to recieve a copy she must pay about £29.00, however we are on a refresher course in November so is it worth her paying out for a certificate when she will have a new one soon?
My friend rang Ofsted and was told and I quote "OFSTED DO NOT REQUIRE SPECIFIC CERTIFICATES FOR FOOD HYGIENE, IT IS A LOCL AUTHORITY REQUIREMENT" so someone please tell me, who's rules do we follow Ofsted or LA? I am a little confused.
Kaz x

peanuts
08-10-2010, 06:11 AM
i'd wait to your refresher in November.

babs
08-10-2010, 06:46 AM
i dont think i got one either i must look .... 1st job on list for the weekend ...

miffy
08-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Food hygiene is not a mandatory course so that is why Ofsted aren't interested.

Personally I wouldn't pay out £29 for something that Ofsted don't need - you can prove you did the course and by the time you sort out the replacement certificate you'll probably have done the refresher anyway!

Miffy xx

sarah707
08-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Like the others say it is not an Ofsted requirement... yet! :D

wellybelly
08-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I recently tried to book onto my refresher Food Hygiene course before my old certificate runs out in 4 months time and all the courses are full up for the next 6 months! The LA who offer the course, said it's not required by OFSTED so there's no rush.

Kaz1997
08-10-2010, 05:04 PM
We have had the same problem trying to get on refresher course for food hygiene we should have done it 4 months ago which is why we had to wait until November.
My friend is not going to pay for another certificate and I don't blame her.
Thanks for all your replies. x