PDA

View Full Version : Having a stressful day!

buzzy bee
07-10-2010, 03:06 PM
They're all asleep (phew) after 2 of them havingmajor meltdowns. i've only been doing this a few weeks and its days like today i wonder if i'm right for it.

i have a 16 month old mindee who cries a lot. he's happy a lot too but he cries. and when he cries he wakes other babies up / upsets other babies.

he cries every time someone comes to the door or leaves the house, and anytime i go out to the hallway. (i think he thinks whoever's at the door is his mum then gets upset when it's not)

he also has major paddies if he can't play with something if someone else is. i don't think this will improve either cos if he gets his own way at home he'll just think that's how it is.

how long do you give it before you decide a mindee is not working out?! he's lovely most of the time but then i find it really stressful on days like today!!

had such a fun afternoon planned too - saw the post on here about autumn ideas and was really looking forward to doing the leaf confetti!!

little chickee
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
how long do you give it before you decide a mindee is not working out?! he's lovely most of the time but then i find it really stressful on days like today!!

As long as you can stand it!! I have a mindee who i have had for Years who i still don't get on with! I just put up with it. Complicated by the fact that i am close friends with his mum - if i wasnt i'd have given him up within the first 6 months!!

If he is having a negative effect on other mindees too this is something you will have to take into consideration.

gegele
07-10-2010, 03:34 PM
i have a mindee now who was a screamer last year and was hyserical if someone looked at her!!! it was a nightmare, she was my first young mindee and i thought i was a crap minder!!!!

BUT i still to it and she's a fantastic kid now. everyone oooh and aahs when they realise it's the same kid and i nearly cried when earlier this week mum said it might be our last month together!!

consistancy is the key and there will always be a bad day...still happen with my own children LOL:D

good luck, but if you can't anymore just give your notice no need to keep everyone unhappy if you can do without

minkzebell
07-10-2010, 03:40 PM
I really struggled with the 1st mindee I had that I didn't particularly like:blush: ( I had had 4 others before this child) I felt like I was a bad person for not liking a 2 year old:eek: , but it happens sometimes - you need to decide if you can cope with the child or not. I just recently took on two babies 1 from monday - wednesday the other from thursday - friday. Baby 1 moaned/whinged at me on these 3 days for about 5 weeks and baby 2 screamed for the other 2 days for about the same time....thought I was going to lose the plot:panic: , but now they are fantastic and I love them both and look forward to them coming in the mornings:) ..... it may get better

funfunfun
07-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I have had 3 tday !!! talk about stress blloming heck :lauging:
Both the younger ones 22 month and 19 month have a nap around 1.30 for an hour + each

Oh yes ................:laughing: Today just wasnt ment to go smoothly i have to laugh as id cry otherwise

had the two youngest cryin in sync.....and only had 20 mins approx as they wol eeach other up screaming .....then other mindee needing the loo and my own wanting a drink.

oh the joy's :)

Kaz1997
07-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Blimey.. are we looking after the same child??:eek:

Sounds identical to the boy I have on Thursdays and Fridays, to be honest I dread getting up on those two days! He really is foot stamper extrordinaire!!!

buzzy bee
08-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the replies! Comforting to know I'm not the only one! I think I take it to heart a bit too much sometimes.

funfunfun
08-10-2010, 10:28 AM
He really is foot stamper extrordinaire!!!

:laughing::)