PDA

View Full Version : 8 Seater Cars

wellingtoncc
07-10-2010, 07:54 AM
I only have a small car and do try to walk everywhere but have got to the point where a large car would be very helpful! But I don't know where to start, I preferably need an 8 seater not 7 which seems to narrow the choices! any help would be useful!! thankyou!
Alex

michellethegooner
07-10-2010, 08:16 AM
my friend has a FIAT ULYSSE 2.0 16V ELEGANZA 8seater must say it is very nice

mrs.h
07-10-2010, 10:58 AM
hi,

i recently got a toyota previa after driving a touran, which was not big enough anymore.
the toyota is spacious and i fit a double buggy, single buggy, bags and a kids bike in the boot. it has one sliding door, the middle row can be moved back and forward. downfall is that the two middle seats in each row only have lapbelts and it makes it difficult to place carseats there. i tried to fit a lapbelt compatible seat and found it didn't work very well (seat to soft, carseat tipped). so now i have climb into the car to strap the lo's in.

mrs.h

Beckieboo
07-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I have just bought an 8 seater Nissan Elgrand! It is spacious, loads of boot room, i love it!! Did have a chrysler but needed another seat!

HomefromHome
07-10-2010, 12:32 PM
peugot 807 was an 8 seater - had one where i used to work pre minding (bout 4-5 yrs ago) - nice car but handbrake on wrong side which was confusing! lovely to drive tho

HomefromHome
07-10-2010, 12:34 PM
oo and slidey doors - bonus - heres a link http://www.peugeot.com/en/products/cars/peugeot-807.aspx

this only shows 7 seats? confused - maybe it only older models... :(

katie0183
07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
I have a peugeot 807 and love it but yes it is only 7 seats however you can buy a bench seat at the cost of about £1000 to put in the boot instead of 2 seats it will make it isnto 3.

Downside of the car is everythings electric we've had our wing mirror hit (whilst the car was stationary) and because their electric it cost £200 o fix!

karen48
07-10-2010, 01:24 PM
my friend has a FIAT ULYSSE 2.0 16V ELEGANZA 8seater must say it is very nice

yes I have that car as well it's a great car for childminding.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I also have the Previa and love it. Don't want to ditch it at all but they stopped making them in 2004 as far as I can tell. Downside is that the middle seats (2 of them) are not good for adults or taller children as there are not any headrests, insurance fairly hefty and petrol goes quickly. Upside the boot space, the internal space, lovely to drive and you can see where you are going (especially for short people like me at 5ft 2")

gailee
07-10-2010, 01:53 PM
I've had a Renault Espace which as 7 seats which was the best car so far than i've had a previa 8 seats nice car to drive Auto, 8 seats ,big boot, just 1 sliding door so yo have to put kids in thru one door which was a nightmare if you've have small children to put in .Then i've got a Peugeot 807 8 seater (have the bench seat in the back) i can fit a double pushchair side by side one its a art to fit in tho! but the bench will fold up to make the boot bigger when the extra seats are not needed. and the best bit it as 2 sliding doors one on each side which is a god send when putting children in and no door sticking out on the road!! Touch wood no problems with it so far hope this helps Gail x

wellingtoncc
13-10-2010, 07:20 AM
thankyou very much for your help!! helps to know what i'm looking for =) xx

youarewhatyoueat
13-10-2010, 07:32 AM
The fiat, peugeot and the citreon(sp) 7 seaters can all be turned into 8 seaters by using a bench seat, They turn up on ebay for about £200, often via the scrap yards. Have a look at item number 280573686738 on ebay or put in the search bench seat fiat.

brightstar
13-10-2010, 08:33 AM
I've got an imported Toyota Estima. I really struggled with the right handed handbrake on the Previa (kept catching my leg when getting out) . The Estima is automatic and has rear sliding doors on both sides. Loads of space inside too.

Lincsminder
13-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Well after lots of searching we have just upgraded our Nissan Serena to a Ford Tourneo and it is fantastic. Bags and bags of room it really is massive but not every one like to drive such a big vehicle. One of the up sides is you can walk about in it so if its raining I walk in to the back and get everyones coats on etc the line them all up by the door so they are all ready to get out. I have also stoped on long journeys and walked though to the back to sit with the kids while we have a drink and snack.