PDA

View Full Version : What carseats do you have?

buzzy bee
06-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I have my own 10 month old, and my mindees range from 10 months to 4 years.

Up til now I've been putting my own son in his baby seat, but he's nearly grown out of it...

I've bought a Britax eclipse (9mnths-4years) and a booster seat which goes from 9mnths to 12 years - this one is for my son, so he is now in this one, and I'm using the Britax for the other kids.

I now need to buy another car seat and just wondering what to go for - should I go for a booster or another one like the Britax?

Just wondering what sort of range of seats you have?!

Also, can you recommend any good but not too expensive ones?

Thanks.

babs
06-10-2010, 08:33 PM
mine are britax 1-2-3 they got for about 10 months to 12 yrs didnt read last bit about £100 each ( but only ones i could get for my car was cheaper than new car)

tulip0803
06-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I have 2 big Britax ones - Isis was my DD2s and has Isofix fixings (now have different car), Prince I use in the middle as it is slim & can be used with a lap-belt.

I have 2 1-2-3 car seats with 5 point belts or can be used on 3 point depending on age of child, 1 high backed booster used on 3 point belt (DD2), 1 britax 0-9m and a basic booster for bigger ones.

I do prefer to have smaller ones in the bigger chairs as I have had some that have undone the 3 point belt as they could get their hands down to the buckle so they were strapped into 5 point but the seat was not strapped to car:eek: . At least when they are in the big ones they can't reach!

clio0602
06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I have a cybex pallas and a kiddy comfort pro which are from 9mth to 11yrs but cost around £180 :eek:

I also have a concord ultimax which is a great but heavy seat birth-4yrs this was only £80 but I only use this rear facing til 14ish mths then move to the forward facing with bolster cushion until min 4yrs then britax high back boosters.

Would prefer them all rear facing til 4yrs but thats another thread lol x

Chatterbox Childcare
06-10-2010, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't use a booster seat for anyone under 8 unless your car seats are variable on their height and fit the childs shoulder as they should. If not the slightest accident could break their neck and they would be paralysed forever.

crazyhazy
06-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't like to sound know it all but at 10m I would really be keeping your own son rear facing, unless his head is over the top of the seat or he is over the weight limit for the seat then he is far safer that way. I don't drive but in our car my girls have a m&p isofix stafe 1 seat and the britax kidfix high back booster, they are 2y and 4y. I also have a graco high back booster which I can use on the odd occasion my 4y mindee needs to go in our car.

buzzy bee
06-10-2010, 08:58 PM
I wouldn't use a booster seat for anyone under 8 unless your car seats are variable on their height and fit the childs shoulder as they should. If not the slightest accident could break their neck and they would be paralysed forever.

Thanks everyone!!

Debbie - don't worry, it's not really a booster seat - it's a recaro one and looks like a booster seat with a high back but it's definitely for 9months plus and has all the right padding etc - he's very well protected!!

My other query is the straps... my britax one is set up so that the 4 year old one can sit in it - so they're on the biggest setting (there are 3 different heights)... but can i still put the 1 yr old in it as long as the straps are tight? Or should i lower the straps for him?

clio0602
06-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Its recommended that children stay rear facing as long as possible at least 2yrs. My dd has just gone forward facing at 2.5yrs but has bolster cushion which doesn't exhert so much force on the neck as the harnesses

Yes the straps should be adjusted to the correct height for each child ;) x

Polly2
07-10-2010, 07:48 AM
I have these for childminding as they are light enough to take in and out of car - I have older kids myself so can't leave them in :rolleyes:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3760275/Trail/searchtext%3ECAR+SEATS.htm

birch24
07-10-2010, 08:15 PM
I have the nania seats they are from 9 months to 11 years they are great and easy to fit with a seat belt. Very light. And not expensive. I got mine from one of the baby shops on ebay. If you just type in nania they come up. :clapping: :clapping: