PDA

View Full Version : saturdays?? yes or no????

mushpea
06-10-2010, 05:49 PM
do you work saturdays?? if so does it have a big impact on your family?
do you think a 6month old would have a massive impact on family life? we dont do much on a saturday other than go to town or to the allotment plus my children are 12yrs and 10yrs and tend to do their own thing at the weekend (apparently i'm no longer cool to 'hang out' with!).
was thinking it wouldnt be too much hassle but wonded how others got on with working saturdays

funfunfun
06-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I suppose its each to there own .....your children are older and as you said your no longer " cool " to hang put with :laughing:

I dont work a saturday and i wouldnt ......but then i work until through the week most nights and i have young children myself ....my weekend are chill time and spent with the kids

having said that if they had have been older i may
have considered it dependant on weather i actually needed the extra cash :)

mamasheshe
06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
nooooooooooooooo not for me (but yeah maybe when my littlies are older)

hayleychildcare
06-10-2010, 07:26 PM
My own kids are 15 and 10 and i work every saturday.

I thought i never did anything much on a saturday until i started working them :eek:

I find that it has a massive impact on my family life.

My kids have had enough of mindees by saturdays and just want to sit around the house or something.

I find only having a Sunday off means im running about tidying and ironing and shopping and have no family relaxing time.

If hubbys is off (he works shifts) he tends to take our kids out and i stay with mindees,

Only good side is extra money as i charge 1.5 times normal rate:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
06-10-2010, 07:36 PM
A prospective parent may be on call twice a month on Saturdays and has asked if I would be able to do half day. For me it would be ok, my kids are 16 and 14 and are barely out of bed by lunchtime unless they are out on the farm with DH in which case they don't want me :( :laughing: Yes, I am not cool enough either:rolleyes:

For double pay and as I get Fridays free it would be ok for me - very personal choice though

glitzygal
06-10-2010, 07:53 PM
well as they say each to their own.
I actually have been advertising to work weekends, my own children are 18 and 15 so dont do much, apart from asking for money or to be taken to work.
I only done this as in july I lost 3 mindees throught going to senior school, and a big chunk of money, so I have been scrimping and saving to make ends meet, as mine have got older they seem to want more money.
I am charging 6.50 but want it to be re-arranged so I can get my things done so I can concentrate on minding. I also would say that on occasions I would be shopping if I hadnt been able to.
I hope I get some new mindees soon I have 4 at the mo, so bring on the mindeessssssss:clapping:

Chimps Childminding
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't want to commit to every saturday, but would do the odd one once in a while! I suppose it also depends how busy you are during the week, ie do you have mindees every day? call me lazy but I wouldn't want to work 6 days a week every week -unless I REALLY needed the money!!

miss mopple
06-10-2010, 08:03 PM
I do the odd weekend for one family and have stressed that its not a full on minding day and the LO does whatever we do as a family, whether that be shopping, visiting, or just chilling at home.I dont do diary entries etc on a weekend wither and they are fine with that :thumbsup:

tulip0803
06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I work Saturdays. I have had a LO for 6 months now since she was about 6 months old. She slots into what we are doing and my children love her. I have told parent that I will need to take more Saturdays off than the usual 4 weeks over a year as holidays run sat-sat and training courses are done on Sats round here and they have been fine about it as well as any other commitments. I get more than double my normal rate for doing it (Mum's suggestion).