PDA

View Full Version : Waterproofs help please

moljak
06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
I've decided to buy my own store of waterproofs so I know I have them when needed and can use them whenever.
I'd be buying a few so would like ideas on where to buy them cheaply.
Ideally I'd like to buy them all from one online shop so looking for waterproof trousers and jacket.Previously I've only bought regatta for my daughter but open to any suggestions.
anyone help????????????

The Juggler
06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
waterproofworld.co.uk. they do regatta all in ones for around £12 (free delivery) plus the do overbooties for crawlers/new walkers.

I used mine all last winter.;)

nannymcflea
06-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Regatta is a good basic waterproof system.

Whatever you buy ensure they are seam sealed to prevent water coming through the seams.

(can you tell hubby's business is in waterproof fabrics!)

georgie456
06-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I have 5 Regatta all in one waterproofs all bought at various times on Ebay. The most expensive one was £3.20!

clio0602
06-10-2010, 08:14 PM
I've just bought regatta trousers and jackets forthe older ones and all in ones for littlies off ebay as my garden is drenched and they never bring appropriate clothing.

Canvas pumps in pouring rain!!! :rolleyes:

Twinkles
06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Just a little tip. If you are buying several in different sizes. Get different colours for different sizes. That way you can grab the right size easily.

moljak
07-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Great advice thanks.Have been watching on ebay :)

any other online places?

mushpea
08-10-2010, 06:13 AM
why are you providing waterproofs for minded children???
surley this is the parents job?
I used to keep spares of everything but now i have 9 children on the books plus 2 of my own i have nowhere to store it all,, I would tell the paretsn
if they dont provide them their children will get wet,, this worked for me and most times they come with coats now and if they dont then tuff especially the older ones that can remember themselves

singlewiththree
08-10-2010, 06:45 AM
I have recently bought a few supplies too as parent's just didn't bring them and I just can't see a child getting soaked, its not their fault their parents don't give a damn.

moljak
08-10-2010, 12:14 PM
why are you providing waterproofs for minded children???
surley this is the parents job?
I used to keep spares of everything but now i have 9 children on the books plus 2 of my own i have nowhere to store it all,, I would tell the paretsn
if they dont provide them their children will get wet,, this worked for me and most times they come with coats now and if they dont then tuff especially the older ones that can remember themselves

All the kids come in waterproof coats ect but I want to use my gardens in all weather and it's very wet at times.This only increases the fun but I want to provifde the waterproofs so we can get muddy no matter what then I can wash them and have them ready for next time.
If it rains middle of the day and I want to go puddle jumping then having things ready and waiting can only be a bonus :)
I will build up a collection as I go along and storage isn't a big problem for me.

The Juggler
08-10-2010, 12:50 PM
i agree parents should provide appropriate clothing but at the end of the day I feel uncomfortable sending them home with their coats even, caked in mud if they are going with parents to shops or wherever on way home or even if that might be their only coat.

Also I had crawlers and all in one wetsuits are not something every parent has (I never did). I just felt it was a good investment so I could take them out in all weathers without worrying.:)

sweets
08-10-2010, 12:57 PM
i have 3 sets of wet weather gear given by our LA, they are great and wouldnt be without them.

Yes you can ask parents to send coats which mine all come with anyway but i think its a bit cheeky to ask parents for a full set of waterproofs, they are not the sort of thing that everyone has. I have a pair of wellies in every size too :thumbsup:

The Juggler
08-10-2010, 01:01 PM
i have 3 sets of wet weather gear given by our LA, they are great and wouldnt be without them.

Yes you can ask parents to send coats which mine all come with anyway but i think its a bit cheeky to ask parents for a full set of waterproofs, they are not the sort of thing that everyone has. I have a pair of wellies in every size too :thumbsup:

me too:thumbsup: old hand me downs - I always ask my parents to pass them on to me.

manjay
08-10-2010, 01:03 PM

I agree. My parents are fab at providing appropriate waterproof coats but I would never expect them to provide full wet weather gear that is intended to get muddy every day. As a parent I would have been a bit put out if my child had come home from my child minder in such a state every day that I felt it necessary to try and wash the gear every evening.

We have lots of outdoor play, in the garden, in the woods, in the fields and I feel personally it is of benefit to me to provide the clothing to allow the children to use the outdoors to it's full potential:D

jelly15
08-10-2010, 09:07 PM
I have just bought Waterproof all-in-ones at £9.99 each from ebay for my three LOs. They arrives this morning, can't wait to use them in the garden but it has been like summer here today, 20 degrees :laughing: .

juejue
08-10-2010, 11:36 PM
We all got waterproofs of our network co-ordinator.

All in ones and jackets. we asked for them and she got them out of her funding.

Just asked parents to make sure the children have wellies in their bag or leave them here.

I use to buy everything. But having 8 mindees it was getting to much.

ajs
09-10-2010, 08:05 AM
are you bidding on any molijak as i have seen a few sets i might buy just watching them right now

francinejayne
09-10-2010, 08:18 AM
I bought these for my crawlers, they're great! I bought age 2-3 and I just roll the arms and legs up!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KIDS-BLUE-ALL-ONE-WATERPROOF-SUIT-RAINSUIT-9M-3YRS-/220640999883?pt=Boy_s_Clothing&var=&hash=item79131228f3#ht_1750wt_907

snufflepuff
09-10-2010, 10:20 AM
I bought some waterproofs for my son this week, got them way too big so they will last ages. I plan on building up a supply of wet weather clothing- got 3 pairs of wellies already.
One mindee has waterproofs and wellies which she often brings, the other one is still coming in sandals :panic:

Monkey26
09-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I bought 3 all in one waterproofs in several sizes last winter from that waterproofworld website other people mentioned.
When woolworths was closing down i also updated my wellie boots collection for dirt cheap and a load of summer caps!
I keep an eye out at local car boots and on resale sites also, i hate having to have loads of stuff in storage (boxes under spare bed, in cupboards everywhere!) but some parents just dont send appropiate clothing and its not fair on the other children if we cant go out just cuz one child doesnt have a coat or wellie boots. xx

loocyloo
09-10-2010, 11:25 AM
all my LO come with waterproofs - all in ones or trouser and jacket. plus wellies. and unless they only come for a short session a week, the waterproofs live at my house and i wash & dry as necessary!

its one of the things i tell parents they must provide.

i do have spares ( the ones my children have grown out of ) but rarely need to use them, never had a parent refuse to send waterproofs!

although i do like the ones francine jayne linked to on ebay! :D

Kimmy050983
09-10-2010, 12:25 PM
thanks for that brillant ebay bargain link, i just ordered two there!
I actually buy all my waterproof dungarees in germany in second hand shops - all kids have them there and i get them for 5 euros :D , but these all in ones are even better!!

wonder why over here it doesn´t seem the norm for kids to have waterproofs? Jamie is out in the garden in any weather and I would hate having to wash clothes every day because he got wet ;)

ajs
09-10-2010, 09:33 PM
i have just bought a set for my 2 yr old mindee from trespass for 9.99 and really nice

i bought one for my god daughter too in fluro pink

mrs.h
09-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I actually buy all my waterproof dungarees in germany in second hand shops - all kids have them there and i get them for 5 euros :D

I do the same! :)

mrs.h

Kimmy050983
09-10-2010, 10:01 PM
Are you German, too? :) I am going home again end of november and will be looking in shops again :D , really cannot believe that asda, tesco morrisons do not do waterproofs!!!:panic: