PDA

View Full Version : Craft materials?

LisaMcNally09
06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi Everyone,

I want to stock up on my craft materials and wondered if any of you have any recommended websites you buy from? Ive been looking on Hobbycraft but it seems abit expensive. I never have time to go shopping on the highstreet so online shops are a must please:D

Thanks in advance

Lisa

bexcee
06-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I buy from a place called the scrap store which is in Milton Keynes so a bit far for you to go but I think they have them around the country if you google it. Also wilkinsons and 99p shops are good for crafty bits and pieces. Even the supermarkets stock basic supplies like paper, glue, paint stickers etc.
I also cut up the children's magazines (once they've read them!) and use the pictures for the children to make collages etc.
Ask around see if any of the parents or people you know work for companies who want to get rid of scrap paper or left over promotional material.

Stormy
06-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Try Baker Ross, I know you said you dont have time to high street shop but the 99p shop and pound land have amazing craft stuff, just bought 12 A4 sheets of felt for a £1. good luck

bexcee
06-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Here is a link about the scrap stores

http://www.childrensscrapstore.co.uk/Uk%20Directory%20of%20Scrapstore.htm

RainbowBright
06-10-2010, 11:15 AM
I use pound land, the works, baker ross, ebay and http://www.littlecraftybugs.co.uk

bexcee
06-10-2010, 11:20 AM
The Works, that was the other one I was trying to think of!!:rolleyes:

candy cat
06-10-2010, 11:53 AM
funny you should mention this as I have in front of me a new catologue......crafty crocodiles .....[url]www.craftycrocodiles.co.uk
launched this week and it has great ideas at good prices plus you can buy things individually rather than great big packs! The owner emailed me and was really nice so pass it on and feel free to get a free catologue.....offering 10% off first order quote QV10

maisiemog
06-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Do you have a resource centre where you live? We have one here. I paid £18 to register for the year and then I can go in whenever I want and fill a huge shopping trolley for £10! It's a total bargain!!! I probably go every 6mths but well worth it.

I also use wilko, asda, poundland, the works, baker ross and hobbycraft when they have a sale on. I also save everything I htink may be useful. We do lots of junk modelling here so that helps!!!

Mouse
06-10-2010, 11:55 AM
Someone posted a link to this site the other day

www.craftycrocodiles.co.uk

I requested a catalogue & it arrived the next day. The stuff looks reasonably priced. What I do like is that you can but things (eg.boxes to decorate) singly, unlike Baker Ross where you have to buy multipacks & sometimes get more than you need.

Mouse
06-10-2010, 11:56 AM
funny you should mention this as I have in front of me a new catologue......crafty crocodiles .....[url]www.craftycrocodiles.co.uk
launched this week and it has great ideas at good prices plus you can buy things individually rather than great big packs! The owner emailed me and was really nice so pass it on and feel free to get a free catologue.....offering 10% off first order quote QV10

Snap! I've just posted the same site!

~Chelle~
06-10-2010, 12:23 PM
The Works, that was the other one I was trying to think of!!:rolleyes:

The works have lots of good stuff at the moment, I got a crafts pack which was £2.99 and came with

20 lolly sticks
pom poms
googley eyes
feathers
pipe cleaners
foam shapes
shiny shapes

Also got come felt squares which are normally 99p each but it was 2 for £1.00.

We have made hand puppets using this stuff today and we are going to use the felt to make santa suits and dresses for out wooden spoon xmas puppets :clapping:

caz3007
06-10-2010, 12:30 PM
that crafty crocodile site looks brilliant, I dont want to buy huge amounts of any activity and with the numers I have over all, I often have to buy two packs of things to have enough. So this site is brilliant, being able to buy in small quantities and doing an advent house for DS, so some of the party bag bits will be brilliant for that

Lady Haha
06-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the Crafty Crocodiles link.......just spent £30 on stuff. Actually, come to think of it, not sure if I should be thanking you or not!!!:laughing:

LisaMcNally09
06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Well ive just spent a fortune on the crafty crocodiles site:D

Cant wait while it all comes now!!!

RainbowBright
06-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Just ordered from craft crocodiles too great site :)

crazyhazy
06-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Will check out the crafty crocodiles site this evening as I'm in need of craft things too, I usually use yellow moon which is the same company as baker ross I think x

hello kitty
06-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I use pound land, the works, baker ross, ebay and http://www.littlecraftybugs.co.uk

I lurve that site thanks for the link. :D

RainbowBright
06-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I lurve that site thanks for the link. :D

You're welcome-I make lots of cards etc so use it for that too :)

LisaMcNally09
07-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Well im really impressed with crafty crocodiles. i ordered at 1:30pm yesterday and all the stuff arrived by courier at 9:10am this morning:laughing:

Cant wait till this afternoon to try some things out:clapping: