PDA

View Full Version : dilema!

mushpea
05-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I look after a 3yrs 10month old boy who lets other kids take things from him and dosent try and hold on to them or fight for them or even tell me that somone has taken somthing from him,,I feel i need to help him deal with this because when he goes to school he will be seen as an easy target and will end up being builled.
at the moment I tell the child who took the toy off him to give bac as x is playing with it and its not nice to take toys from x , obviously i have to teach the child that snached that its not nice to do this but at the same time he needs to learn to defend himself and he is learning that if somone takes somthing that its ok as I will tell the other child off and he will get his toy back and I dont know how to teach him to defend himself and his toys this,, I have spoke to him about it but it goes in one ear and out the other and when a toy is taken he looks upset but then turns and plays with somthing else.
any ideas on how i can deal with this one?

RainbowMum
05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I'vw had a couple of children like this - really passive! I do as you have been but also say to the child 'X - if some one does something to you or takes somethig from you that you want - its ok to tell them how you feel!' Or 'X - if you dont like what Y is doing - tell them to stop! ' The oldest child is now 7 and is slowly getting better x