PDA

View Full Version : Falls

tomthumb
08-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi, do you get worried everytime the children you are minding fall?
I know they fall all the time, but I was really bad with my eldest (in a state everytime she'd fall, blaming myself!!!) and I am sure I will be bad with my baby once she starts walking. The little girl I have is constantly falling down. She just takes a few steps and bumps into the wall or some furniture or just falls. She has been walking for 3 months so she is very confident and thinks she can do everything, but I swear my heart stops so many times daily:eek:
When do you tell the parents? I have been telling her that she constantly falls but I am not writing it down everytime, should I???:panic:

Also, at 6pm I will officially be on holidays :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
I am going to see my mum in France and absolutely cannot wait. I bet I am going to come back with tons of new toys for the children and I will put on so much weight!!! Ahhhhhhhh can't wait. We are taking the ferry and sleeping in the cabin, Tessa is so excited (us, not so much!!!). Anyway, I know I am not on there much but I won't be coming for a little while.

Elodie XX

Pauline
08-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Hi Elodie

I write down all bumps that leave a mark and all head bumps even if they don't mark.

I know what you mean about toddlers always falling down, it became a standing joke with one of our parents that she would either arrive ready to complete a form or she would be greeted with a ream to sign!! (in the end she took blank ones home so that she could do them before arriving)

It's natural for little ones to fall, so don't worry too much, do your best to protect them from corners etc. that is about all you can do.

Have a lovely holiday, we adore France. What part of France does your mum live?

tomthumb
08-04-2008, 03:29 PM
thank you Pauline, it is what I thought!
I come from Brittany, my mum lives in Lorient (south Britanny). If the weather is good we'll be spending our days at the beach. My mum will be spending time with her grand-daughters. Anya is already 7 months and she only saw her when she was 2 weeks old.
I am sooooooooooooo excited I can't wait:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Elodie XX

sarah707
08-04-2008, 05:36 PM
I do the same as Pauline... Just wanted to say have a lovely holiday! I am very jealous! :D

tomthumb
08-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Thank you Sarah, don't be too jealous,it is the only trip I take this year and it is back home!!
Well, it is going to be fab though!!!!:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Elodie xx

angeldelight
08-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I do the same

Have a lovely holiday

Angel xx

miffy
08-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll echo what Pauline has told you

Hope you have a lovely holiday and enjoy spending time with your family

miffy xx

Twinkles
08-04-2008, 07:56 PM
I do the same about falls/bumps. Have a lovely and relaxing time ( I love France ).

Pauline
09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
thank you Pauline, it is what I thought!
I come from Brittany, my mum lives in Lorient (south Britanny). If the weather is good we'll be spending our days at the beach. My mum will be spending time with her grand-daughters. Anya is already 7 months and she only saw her when she was 2 weeks old.
I am sooooooooooooo excited I can't wait:jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Elodie XX

Elodie, we know it well. We just adore Raguenes Plage and Port Manech, just south of Pont Aven which is not that far, as the crow flies, from Lorient. :thumbsup: Last year we spent a few days on the Morbihan Peninsula too, which is not that far away either!

Ooooh Roll on summer! :)

Have a super holiday, bet your mum can't wait either, can't imagine not seeing my grandchildren for so long.

mum22
09-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Hi

It can be quite concerning with toddlers - the ones i've had seem to have weeks where they constantly fall and weeks where they don't - i guess the think to remember is that when you have your ofsted visit - they know what toddlers are like and they would be concerned if you had no entries - better to write too much than not too little - the one thing i have learnt in previous jobs no matter what industry C.Y.A - cover your a**e !!

x
Love Helen

Pipsqueak
09-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Youngster fall loads and as they get older they don't get much better.

Record record record - you've had some good advice alreadyxxxx

Enjoy the time with your mum

Blaze
09-04-2008, 09:35 PM
As above!
Blaze:)