PDA

View Full Version : 9 month old SCREAMING all day????

Tippy Toes
05-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Hello

I hope you can help or give some ideas on how to deal with this.

I have been looking after 9 month old, 1 day a week for the last 6 wks. (2 of these 6 weeks he has been off ill.)

Anyway this little one SCREAMS all day no matter what I do :(

I have looked after little ones who have done this but this little one is nothin like I have ever experienced and I just dont know what to do.

The thing is this little one does not even calm down when I pick him up, play with him, sing to him, feed him etc etc. He just screams and screams, its not just crying its high pitched screaming. :panic:

I look after a 1 year old and my daughter who is 2 at the same time and it is becoming upsetting for them :(

Just at a loss as to what to do? Anyone had similar?

Thanks for your time :)

sarah707
05-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I had a child who screamed all day... all day for weeks and weeks.

i was nearly at the end and about to lose an older child who was very upset by it when he suddenly stopped!!

He turned into a real cutie as well.

I just kept on with my routine - I realised that nothing was going to stop him screaming, so I would go out, make food, play games, sing songs, organise activities etc and let him watch or join in... one day he joined in and it was lovely.

Only you know your tolerance level though and if you feel the child might be better off elsewhere tell parents within the settling in period.

Hugs xx

Alibali
05-10-2010, 07:26 PM
It's difficult as it's only one day a week and the lo is so young, really only been 4 days which if he was full time would be less than a week, so it's still early days. Hope he settles soon, can you extend the settling in period just in case?

Tippy Toes
06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Thank you for your replies :)

caz3007
06-10-2010, 03:42 PM
I had a LO who was the same age when he started and also only one day a week and he screamed and screamed and nothing stopped it even picking up, the only thing that did give me any respite was walking the streets, but felt that was defeating the object. He did eventually settle and now asks me for cuddles and today was kissing me loads. He didnt come for 2 weeks as his parents and sister went away and left him with nanny, thought we would be back to square one cos of being left for so long, but he was brilliant.

Didnt have a very good day today as he is teething and wouldnt sleep for very long so was tired.

But hang in there, it does get better and one day a week is a long time in between for them