PDA

View Full Version : 25 weeks?!?!

littleelm
05-10-2010, 04:11 PM
I went to my initial childminder briefing meeting last night, and they said that it can now take up to 25 WEEKS from sending your Ofsted application off to Mrs Ofsted coming for your pre-reg visit.... are they for real?!?!

How long have you been waiting?!

boageymonster
05-10-2010, 04:52 PM
i have been pre reg since may :mad: have found the waiting is awful however i had my pre reg visit within the first 4 wks. good luck x

littleelm
05-10-2010, 04:54 PM
If you've had you're pre-reg visit what are you waiting for now? Surely you're not still waiting for your certificate?!

the happy house
05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
My letter has stated 12 weeks. i won't be a happy bunny if it's 25!

Flisspaps
06-10-2010, 01:40 PM
At the CM briefing I went to two weeks ago we were told it's approx 2 weeks from sending forms to being visited!

boageymonster
06-10-2010, 05:37 PM
all of mine and dh ss checks and crbs also references then ofsted have a dendancy to "lose " forms etc lol

RainbowBright
06-10-2010, 06:05 PM
I spoke to OFSTED yesterday about this and the guy I spoke to read fronm the pc "Your application will be passed to the inspecting companies either a)after 5 weeks from payment of application fee or b) once all of the paperwork (ie crbs health dec etc) has been recieved and cleared. Which ever is sooner.

Hope that helps :)

singlera
07-10-2010, 02:07 PM
The full process took 12 weeks for me this time last year. When the inspector came to do my pre-reg visit she told me this time of year is generally quieter for ofsted as they don't tend to be inspecting schools as much, due to start of new term etc. Hope yours doesn't take you too long.
The hardest part for me was waiting for crbs to be completed as we also had to get them from abroad (which were quicker than the uk system too). Despite both of us being nurses and already having numersous crb checks performed over the last 8 years!

snufflepuff
07-10-2010, 02:39 PM
My pre reg visit was about 3 weeks after I sent my forms. it then took about 10 weeks for my certificate to arrive. The lady who did the pre reg said their target is 16 weeks between the visit and sending the certificate.