PDA

View Full Version : Variations!! Help

tilly2
05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi all, has anyone ever applied to the CSSIW for a variation to increase their under 5's by one? I only need it for a couple of hours on one day a week till Dec but not sure how to go about it..... Any advise/help..

Thanking you xx

Emmylou75
10-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi there,

I applied for more spaces as when I registered I was only allowed 4 (3 of those could be under 5) in my area as it's done by county & regulated by the planning department. I live in RCT (Rhondda Cynon Taff). I didnt mind only having 4 as I have 2 of my own that need counting in that and I wanted to start off slow. But as I had more enquires I looked into upping my numbers and rang the CSSIW and they gave me the contact at the council's planning department. By the time I enquired they had changed the numbers to 6 anyway!! I didnt ask about changing the under 5 numbers but the extra numbers are useful for after schoolers.

On a monday I needed an extra under 5 space so my in laws have my daughter to free up a space, which they enjoy anyway. It's definitely worth asking the CSSIW to see what they say though.

Good luck!
Emma

Polly2
25-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I have done this.

They usually only grant one for continuaty of care (sorry can't spell today!) I rang CSSIW, spoke to my inspector and she sent me a form to fill in.

Hope this helps x

Mollymop
25-10-2010, 04:15 PM
I can't help but just want to say good luck x

tulip0803
26-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Hi there,

On a monday I needed an extra under 5 space so my in laws have my daughter to free up a space, which they enjoy anyway. It's definitely worth asking the CSSIW to see what they say though.

Good luck!
Emma

Did CSSIW agree this as your children count in your numbers whether they are with you or not. Your children that are under 8 are normally not included on your certificate but the numbers on the certificate are the number of mindees that you can have. A childminder here asked the CSSIW if she placed her daughter with another childminder could she care for siblings and was told no as she would still count on her numbers. Please check before your next inspection to make sure that this is right, I would not like to see you have a prob with the insp.

Emmylou75
29-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Hi,

My daughter is in full time school now is counted in my over 5's but she did go to in laws for 2 months on a monday. I had my inspection 2 months ago & they didnt ask me about it at all, then again they didnt ask me who I had when so I suppose they didnt really know!!

Oh well, cant be changed now!!

Thanks anyway for the heads up!!