PDA

View Full Version : PEP meeting?

venus89
05-10-2010, 12:02 PM
One of my parents showed up yesterday and said she's going to a PEP meeting today but wasn't quite sure what it was (SS set it up) - I suggested a Personal Education Plan. Was I right? And if so should I be asking for details as I'm in a good position to help, I hope, attain any goals set.....

This led on to Mum saying that the LO couldn't write her name yet (4 a couple of weeks ago) and I said we're working on letter recognition at the mo and I can try and build writing into it if she likes. Do I put what Mum said (and my reply) down as an observation in her LJ or just as a not in the back? Or some other way?

sarah707
05-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I'd record it as an observation that mum has asked about writing her name and you have explained that letter recognition and play comes first ...

Show mum the Eyfs and how CLL goes through specific stages to get to writing, including strengthening arms and hands and making marks at random. Explain how you do lots of that but can build more into the child's day.

Ask for feedback about the meeting and offer to work with them. Hopefully your input will be welcomed.

Hth :D

venus89
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Hi Sarah - thanks for replying.
I asked mum today how the meeting had gone and she said it went well. It was her, the social worker and the preschool leader (not me, though :panic: ) and she said the only thing they really brought up was working on the pencil control. So yes, I'll put it all down as obs and come up with lots of plans. Today it was letter hunting and mark making in flour - really good fun :D