PDA

View Full Version : Variation with CSSIW - Advise please!! x

tilly2
05-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi all, has anyone ever applied to the CSSIW for a variation to increase their under 5's by one? I only need it for a couple of hours on one day a week till Dec but not sure how to go about it..... Any advise/help..

Thanking you xx:clapping: :thumbsup:

tulip0803
05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
We have been told that they will only do it for continuity of care not for new starters. My friend asked for continuity and CSSIW were still very negative on the phone. You have to speak with your inspector and they will send you a huge form to fill in then they will consider it.:rolleyes:

tilly2
05-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Thank you Tulip0803!! sounds as though they won't be helpful, I already have the child on a Monday.. will have a good think!!;) :laughing:

manjay
05-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I have several variations in place but they are all for continuity of care. We also have been advised not to apply if it is for new business. As Tulip says get in touch with your inspector who will send you a form to complete

Polly2
05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I have one - it is for continuity.

All I did was ring my inspector, explain the circumstances, then she sent me a form to fill in.

She told me I would get the variation over the phone it was just a case of putting it in writing then.

You then get sent an amended registration certificate.

aly
05-10-2010, 06:44 PM
I had 1 last year as they messed up on my numbers on certificate and already took a child on....
I wanted one this year as I wanted a newbie but there was a crossover for 1/2 an hour but they woudnt do it...i did take the child on but as the other child was a shift worker i just didnt have the new one on those days.

you can only ask but like others have said if its not continuity of care they probably say no.