PDA

View Full Version : Should I offer a sibling discount - got to phone her today

Cazz
05-10-2010, 08:15 AM
I've had an enquiry regarding a 2 year old and her 8 year old sister. The lady doesn't know what hours she would require as she has an interview on Thursday but she'd like to be able to tell them that she has found someone who can provide childcare so it puts her in a stronger position.

I normally charge £3.20 per hour and always said that I wouldn't offer a sibling discount but things are so quiet around here and I could really do with the work.

If I do a sibling discount would £3.00 per hour for each child be too generous? Or do you normally discount for only one child (if so do you discount for the child that's at school during the day and only here for a short time or the child that's with you for the most hours?)

All except 2 of the childminders in my town charge £3.00 per hour which is why I thought of quoting this so I'm not priced out. The one which charges the same as me wouldn't take these children anyway because she works from the other side of town and a different school. The other one charges £3.50 per hour (so more than me) but she doesn't get involved with our childminding group or anything so don't really know her - I only see her around with her own children though.

Please could you advise - I'd like to take these two on if I get the chance as the youngest child is quite close in age to my own dd so it would be really good company for her and it would seem as if they'll both be going to the same nursery from next September so that'll work really well.

aly
05-10-2010, 08:19 AM
if you want to discount do the eldest.

If I was to offer a discount it would be 10% off the eldests fees.

Mouse
05-10-2010, 08:23 AM
I don't normally do a sibling discount, but would consider it if I really needed the work.

If I were you I'd say £3.20 for the younger child & £3.00 for the older one.

angeldelight
05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I used to offer discount but no more

But I would just have one child at the £3 rate and the other at the hgher rate if I were to do it

Hope she gets the job

Good luck

Angel xx

babs
05-10-2010, 08:55 AM
3.20 for youngest 3.00 for older one , but i dont offer discount for sibling although i do offer a full week discount..

Cazz
05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
3.20 for youngest 3.00 for older one , but i dont offer discount for sibling although i do offer a full week discount..

I think I will go with those hourly rates and keep my fingers crossed!!

flowerpots
05-10-2010, 12:06 PM
yes i would do the same. good luck, hope mum gets the job. :-)

bexcee
05-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't do a sibling discount as it's no less work or paperwork than coming from diffeent families but as you said you need the work I would do £3 an hour for the older one and stick at £3.20 for the youngest that way you won't be losing much money as I imagine it's only for an hour or two a day for the 8 year old.

Hope the mum gets the job and you get the children!

Cazz
05-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks everyone.

I just phoned her but she's driving so I said I'd phone her back this evening.

I'm going to try not to get my hopes up too much because I've been in similar situations to this before and they've never come to anything :rolleyes:

Mookins
05-10-2010, 05:10 PM
fingers crossed for you hun

xxxxx