PDA

View Full Version : First meeting help please?

SamBaker
05-10-2010, 06:25 AM
Morning,

Well I have finally had my first enquiry since getting registered in July, it is a school teacher from my daughters school, it's only for 6 weeks but I think at least she will be able to spread the word for me.

Mum and her little boy are coming round on Friday for a meeting and I was wondering if you could just give me a few pointers on what to do and say. I feel really nervous:panic: , I did my training back in May so just want to refresh every thing, especially as she is a school teacher!

Thank you so much for any advice :D

miffy
05-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Just be yourself! :)

Talk to the child and find out what he likes to do - mum will want to see how you interact with him.

Show mum your parent's brochure if you have one and let her ask any questions - get straight in your mind what your charges will be especially in holidays.

Good luck!

Miffy xx

Vickster
05-10-2010, 07:15 AM
I have aome one coming round on Friday too. I am not registered yet though so it is just for a chat and I don't have any paperwork. I will get some age appropriate toys out for the baby (6 months) try and put the Mum at ease and see if we are compatible. I will talk about our day and try and find out about their routine.

SamBaker
05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
Thank you Miffy for the advice, I have made up some leaflets that I have already given to the Mum, thought that way she could check out prices etc, before coming to me. Staying calm bit I need to sort out lol!

SamBaker
05-10-2010, 07:19 AM
Good luck Vickster! having two girls, I don't have many boys toys for a 5 year old but am starting to get a few bits together.

Vickster
05-10-2010, 09:45 AM
How about the Toy library?

SamBaker
05-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Ooooh they sound like a good idea, would you know where I would find one?

Vickster
05-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Have a look on your local council website. Winners with boys are a garage/cars, tool bench, kitchen, train set, dressing up -knights etc. All of which can be borrowed from a Toy library, Even if you don't get them for the visit tell the Mum that you are a member, find out what their interests are and say you will borrow/look out for toys for them. My son who is 5 loves playing with dolls etc too x

Vickster
05-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh and playmobil which is at our Toy Library and junk modelling

SamBaker
05-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Thank you Vickster, you have been such a help. I have tried every where to find one but they are miles away from me grrr, have just put a plea out on facebook, hopefully someone will know where they are, I cant even get a support childminder at the moment so really have been left on my own.

Thank you again xxx

miffy
05-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I've just put a link on your other thread that might help.

Why can't you get a support minder atm? I thought this was available to anyone who wanted one?

Miffy xx

SamBaker
05-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Thank you Miffy. I know, I have been registered since July, I rung my local NCMA and they said they were waiting for the list, I wanted to know where my local groups were as well so I could talk to other childminders, they couldnt help me with that either I have to wait for the "list" Feel as though I have been left on my own a bit :( Good job I have this forum to help me.

xxx

Vickster
08-10-2010, 08:45 PM
How did it go?

SamBaker
09-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Vickster,
It went brilliant Mum was lovely and really help, she is a reception teachere and doing the school visits soon, so asked if she could take some of my business cards with her, so I gave her a huge handful lol!! Little boy was very good, bit quiet but thats expected. My little one has got to get used to new people but she was very good.
How did your meeting?

xx

Vickster
09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
That is brilliant, well done you. I must get some business cards.Mine went well, she asked if I could have her baby boy for two days a week from January. So fingers crossed I am registered before then!

SamBaker
09-10-2010, 04:06 PM
Brilliant! Well done! That's when I start with the new little one. Have a look a vista print , you only have to pay postage for 250 cards which was more than enough for me. You will have to let me know how you get on with your registration.