PDA

View Full Version : Two childminders working from one house?

crazyhazy
04-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Does anyone do this? I'm just wondering the logistics of it. I started childminding in april and am loving it, recently my best friend moved back to the area and she's looking for work and is also considering childminding but feels her house is too small. I'm lucky to have a seperate play room, large kitchen and huge garden so had initially wondered about having her as an assistant but now I'm wondering how it would work if she registered but worked from here.

Can anyone offer any info on how it works? Thanks x

theplayroom
04-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I know it can be done, esch CM is responsible for 'their' children like a key worker, costs wise i think the guest CM pays x amount to wear and tear, rent of space excetra, although im not sure how it works on ratios i suppose it depends on space ratio....im sure someone else will know more :blush:

claire'scherubs
04-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Just put a variation in to do this, and unofficially we have been told by Ofsted that it will be ok, however the official word probably will take 4 weeks to come through.
We are doing it so that I pay her a minimum wage for the hours that she works over at mine (so a bit like an assistant) as she will probably at the moment only work a few hours a week.
As numbers increase, which they are doing, as I have a waiting list we may look at it differently. Hope that gives you some help:)

funfunfun
05-10-2010, 08:00 AM
beccas works with her sister at the same house you could ask her

murphy61
05-10-2010, 08:18 AM
i would also lie to know how others manage the financial side of this my assistant is thinking of registering as a childminder in her own right but us work together still, which im happy to do but i dont want to lose how financially too much myself. was thinking of giving her a percentage but dont know what.

suzyblue
05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I did this for many years. We used to half the fees from parents, they would pay us half directly. Then my friend would pay me 'rent' to cover household costs, wear and tear etc. Our arrangement was quite 'loose' in things like expenses. She would buy most of the food but I would pay for most of the resources and equipment. You could have a business account where you both put the same amount in each month and take the expenses out of this. If I did it again I would do this. You would be able to claim more back as its your house, council tax, gas/electric etc.
You would not have to employ her this way. Try to iron everything out before you start as making changes can be difficult later on.

beccas
05-10-2010, 10:44 AM
hi as funfunfun said me and my sister do this she pays me for heating etc we both do food shopping take it in turns and put it through our own set of books. we each have our own children which ofsted granted for us so we earn our own money.

we do the same for new stuff as well unless we go half as its a big thing and each put half. it works for us. and ofsted just came out to insoect her at my house just like they do normally.