PDA

View Full Version : "BET YOU WISH YOU WENT BACK TO WORK"

VINASOL
04-10-2010, 05:25 PM
...was the comment from my neighbour today as she thought the childminding was 'not worth it'.

so I told her:

I do work, I just do it from home
It is worth it, especially when it's a good day
I could not contemplate working in an office again (after doing it for a week last month)
I might have 'my hands full' but to see mindee learn two more letters of the alphabet and is more interested in learning is priceless.

yes I'm knackered at the end of the day; but it's a good knackered!

thank you very much :idea: lol

miffy
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
:laughing: :laughing: I would have liked to see the look on her face when you told her that!

It is just typical of many people's view of what we actually do though - shame!

Miffy xx

flowerpots
04-10-2010, 05:41 PM
i just dont understand why people think childminding is a 'PROPER JOB', ive been minding for about 6months and i havent met a single person yet (except other c's) who actually understand what we do!

i think we need to have a big bbc documentary about childminders!!!!

sorry for hijacking, comments like that are really rude and well done you for puttingher straight! :-)

Tina O
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
:welldone: glad you set her straight! xx

The Juggler
04-10-2010, 09:26 PM
:laughing: :laughing: good for you. would've lovved to have seen her face.

P.Miracle
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
I would have smiled and said pleasently- "You know what? Somedays I wish I was stuck in an office job....it'd be far easier!"

bexcee
05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I would hate to be stuck in an office all day doing the same thing day in day out.

What other job pays you for having fun, going for picnics in the park on a sunny day, seeing a child's face light up when they see you every morning, knowing that you have taught a child something that day and that you are making a difference in their lives.

I love childminding (just wish I had more children to mind!)