PDA

View Full Version : RA for public transport

linda2girls
04-10-2010, 01:18 PM
My DO has just been round and says I need a RA for using public transport. I don't take children on buses or trains so didn't see the need for one, but apparently a breakdown truck is classed as public transport.

Could anyone share a copy with me and advise what to put?

Just off to type up a permission form for using public transport!!!

Many thanks,
Linda.

Pipsqueak
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I'd get her back to advise you!!!! :D

Public Transport -

Getting children on off the vehicle (train, bus, taxi, boat, coach, horse and cart, breakdown truck, pedallo etc

ermmmm....

someone more sensible and with brain working will be along soon.

linda2girls
04-10-2010, 01:42 PM
I like the sound of the horse and cart, but don't see many of those round here!!

Linda.

PixiePetal
04-10-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't drive so use buses. I have things like using reins, holding hands, children get on in front of me so I can see them at all times (I stand in the doorway of buses so they can't go till we are on!) All seated with seatbelts if provided.Stay seated till bus stops, I get off first to make sure they all follow (stand in the doorway again :blush: ) Stand back from edge of road when we get off and away from moving bus.

Just a list of things I do to keep them safe - not too sure about a breakdown truck though :laughing:

Pipsqueak
04-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Bromley might have a good template

rickysmiths
04-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Surely if you don't use any Public Transport you don't need them.

If you were unlucky enough to have to avail yourself of the services of a Breakdown Truck when you are with Mindees then you Risk Assess and document it when you get home.?

I drive a car and as part of my car RA I have that I am a Member of the RAC and as a carer of young children I would be a priority call out if I was unlucky enough to break down, or be in an accident with the mindees on board and that I would, if required, be transported in a vehicle that would have space for car seats, boosters etc. I don't have an RA for the Truck.

Pipsqueak
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Surely if you don't use any Public Transport you don't need them.

If you were unlucky enough to have to avail yourself of the services of a Breakdown Truck when you are with Mindees then you Risk Assess and document it when you get home.?

I drive a car and as part of my car RA I have that I am a Member of the RAC and as a carer of young children I would be a priority call out if I was unlucky enough to break down, or be in an accident with the mindees on board and that I would, if required, be transported in a vehicle that would have space for car seats, boosters etc. I don't have an RA for the Truck.

just thought - seeing as we are supposed to RA before the event - perhaps we should call out the breakdown truck so that we can RA lol

see - this is how serious I am about RA's lol;) :D

linda2girls
04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Well if I break down tomorrow I will just have to leave the children behind, because I haven't got signed permission forms for them to come in the breakdown truck.:)

Linda.

miffy
04-10-2010, 05:40 PM
There's an example here

http://nottschildmindingassociation.webeden.co.uk/#/downloads/4531374649

Miffy xx

linda2girls
04-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Thank you Miffy, that's great.

Linda.