PDA

View Full Version : Hand-over of responsibility

Tatia
08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I have decided that, instead of a separate policy, just to include this section in the drop-off/collection policy. This doesn't sound too harsh, does it? It's just I read the Bromely one (hand-over of responsibility) and if it works for the person then that's great. But it doesn't work for me cos I've had too many issues surrounding bad behaviour at collection time and am getting tough. Grrr. :D

Hand-over of responsibility

Dropping off and collection times can be very difficult for a child as they have no clear understanding of just who is in charge and they will take the opportunity to push boundaries. I am very firm about rules and operate with the understanding that as this is my home, I am the one in charge until I close the front door. Therefore, my rules apply and I will enforce them, if necessary. I always give the parent first option to correct the child but if they don’t, then I will. I ask that you support me in this and realize that it is not that I am trying to overstep my place but am trying to teach your child the necessity of following rules and respecting others. If we present a united front and they see us working together and supporting each other, then it will go a long way towards fixing the problem! Sometimes, if a situation escalates, it is better to make drop offs and collections short and sweet and arrange to chat by telephone instead.

Please feel free to discuss this with me in depth, if you have any concerns.

sarah707
08-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Might just steal that one! Sounds good! :D

Tatia
08-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Oooh, high praise indeed! ;) :D

Feel free to use it. I'm just trying to make myself as clear as possible. Apparently that's what it takes!:rolleyes:

anneriddington
08-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I love this idea, short sweet and to the point. Id like to use it too - perhaps you should publish a book of policies:)

Tatia
08-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Oh my gawd, no! :eek:

:D

Bromley's policies are ace. I'm just tweaking them as and when I need to do so. I figure why re-invent the wheel?!:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
08-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I like that one too - might pinch it if its ok with you - have problems with my mindees whenever parents arrive and one set in particular just seem to carry on chatting about nothing imparticular while their child runs riot!!!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Twinkles
08-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I think it sounds great. It's always best to let everyone know what's expected , less chance of misunderstanding.

Tily Bud
08-04-2008, 06:50 PM
That sounds really good I could have done with it a couple of hours ago :eek:

miffy
08-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Well put Tatia - hope it works for you

miffy xx

ChocolateChip
11-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Yhat is a good one Tatia!
Might use it myself if I ever get time totype it out!

:eek: