PDA

View Full Version : When will you/did you start advertising?

TinyTinker
04-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi
I am in the process of registering...Health dec done, CRBs at stage 4 etc etc....House almost done, policies done. Awaiting date for pre-reg visit.

I need to stay at my current job until 22nd Nov (to keep my maternity pay, lol) but can leave after that.

When would you start advertising? where can you advertising pre-reg?

the happy house
05-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Unless things have changed, my understanding is that you can't do any advertising or settling in visits etc until your registration certificate comes through.
Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Mrs Pootle
05-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi, I believe you can't advertise as being registered until you actually get your certificate from ofsted. However, I don't see any reason why you can't put the word out at school, playgroups etc that you are in the process of registering and hope to have places available from x date. Word of mouth is a great advertiser and it's free.
I told all and sundry in the school playground that I was in the process of registering and was fortunate enough to get people enquire about vacancies. I didn't have anyone round to my house to meet me etc untill I was actually registered though.
I think as long as you make it clear that at the moment you are still going through the process then I don't think it's a problem. Good Luck:thumbsup: