PDA

View Full Version : Please help?What should I do?

traceytrccn
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi, I have a 9 year old starting with me soon. I have no rooms registered upstairs apart for the bathroom. my son would like him to play in his room sometimes.Would I have to register the room as he is over 8? :confused:
Or would risk assessments be sufficient?

RainbowMum
03-10-2010, 08:36 PM
I have recently has a very simaler situation - I was told insurance is not valid in unregistered areas! I needed extra sleeping room anyway so have registerd upstiarws by sending a request with risk assessment to Ofsted. By my rules though upstairs is only for babies/toddlers sleeping in travel cot or over 8's.

gigglinggoblin
04-10-2010, 07:27 AM
You need to register the room. Call ofsted and ask them to email you the variation form. Risk assess the room and include photos, email them back as quickly as you can (variations can take a while). When I did this for my garden I didnt need a visit as I included lots of detail to be sure everything was covered.

mandy moo
05-10-2010, 11:56 AM
What would happen if say your child 'fell out' with this child? would the minded child still expect to play with your sons toys in his room?
Also what happens if your child is invited to tea at a friends house, would your son like the idea of someone playing with his stuff when hes not there?
Especially if something gets broken and your son says it wasnt his fault?

My boys are 9 & 12, My mindees were that much younger, when I 1st registered, my kids 'toys' would have been totaly unsuitable.
I didnt register their rooms also because of the above potential problems, and also for somewhere for them to chill out after school if they had had a bad day?

These are just my own thoughts:)

clio0602
05-10-2010, 12:03 PM
Hi I would get the room registered and ask ofted to email the form to you.

Just because you have the room registered doesn't mean it has to be freely accessible to all mindees. Just who your lo would like to play with but, this in itself may cause problems if he wants some time upstairs by himself and the mindee wants to play x

Hebs
05-10-2010, 12:34 PM
all the rooms in my house are registered,

i allow over 8's upstairs BUT only if my own children have asked them to go up to play.

their rooms their call :thumbsup:

maryp0ppins
05-10-2010, 12:39 PM
all the rooms in my house are registered,

i allow over 8's upstairs BUT only if my own children have asked them to go up to play.

their rooms their call :thumbsup:

Yes my house is registered all they way through too....but only used by the older kiddies if they have an invite from my own kids!