PDA

View Full Version : poo problem

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
03-10-2010, 06:49 PM
My mindee who is also my nephew is nearly three and has been potty trained for about 3-4 months as one day he decided he didnt want to wear nappies anymore. We have had accidents but all to be expected.

He has never been good at doing poo's on the potty or toilet with me and mainly does it in his pants (rahhhhhh) but at home he does them in the toilet/potty, this is up untill recently as now he is doing all his poos in his pants. I know this is very common esp with boys although i have never had to deal with it before.

We have tried everything, telling him off, not saying anything at all, reward charts and bribary (sp) he just doesnt seem to care. Its hard for me to deal with when i have other kids to care for where-as my sister just has him.

any suggestions?

clio0602
03-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Sorry not got any suggestions but my dd 2.5 is fine using potty but will only poo in nappy. She will ask for a nappy then go and hide in the corner as usual do it and ask me to clean her :rolleyes: Tried putting potty in the corner but she gets hysterical so I'm quite happy to keep putting nappy on unless I find any good ideas here to try :D

Mouse
03-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Have you tried telling him he'll have to go back into a nappy if he keeps doing it in his pants?

juejue
03-10-2010, 08:22 PM
My mindee who is also my nephew is nearly three and has been potty trained for about 3-4 months as one day he decided he didnt want to wear nappies anymore. We have had accidents but all to be expected.

He has never been good at doing poo's on the potty or toilet with me and mainly does it in his pants (rahhhhhh) but at home he does them in the toilet/potty, this is up untill recently as now he is doing all his poos in his pants. I know this is very common esp with boys although i have never had to deal with it before.

We have tried everything, telling him off, not saying anything at all, reward charts and bribary (sp) he just doesnt seem to care. Its hard for me to deal with when i have other kids to care for where-as my sister just has him.

any suggestions?

It must be a boy thing coz my nephew n one of my mindee did it as well. both age 3. We tried everything you n your sister did aswell.
But they did grow out of it. So fingers cross

Mcgons
03-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I and parents tried allsorts recently with a mindee, accidents on a daily basis though sometimes she would use the toilet. One day (after months) she did it on the toilet and that was it, she carried on and now is fine. Nothing we tried seemed to help, it was like she decided that day she was having no more accidents!

Sorry, not much help but he will get it eventually.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
03-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Have you tried telling him he'll have to go back into a nappy if he keeps doing it in his pants?

yes, he says fine, so i did call his bluff and put one on him, he then went ape and starting attacking me and bashing his head off the floor. even now if i say he has to go back into nappies he doesnt seem bothered but i havent been brave enough to inforce it after last time.

Cazz
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
I can't really offer any advice except to say that I think he will "outgrow" this phase.

My dd has been potty trained for about 3 months but isn't keen on doing poos on there either. She'll bend down or go down on all fours and look like she's about to strain so it's a case of getting her there quick - it usually works but now and again she has done it in her pants. I don't get angry with her as I don't think that helps - I just say "you must go to the potty or toilet before you start to do your poo's" in the hope that the message will sink in!

I'm just really pleased that she's starting using the toilet - she wouldn't go on there at all and would only use the potty which I had in the corner of the lounge because of the gate across the door. This weekend I moved it into the toilet and encouraged her to sit on the toilet instead. Today she's been going in there (could have the gate open because of no childminded children!) and she's been getting on the toilet herself!!

Good luck - I'm sure he'll get there and sorry I've not been more help!

kindredspirits
04-10-2010, 07:06 AM
I had this with my son for about 6 months - absolute nightmare as he got very worried about using the toilet.
In the end I bought some pull-ups and would put them on him about the same time he did a poo every day.
In the end it sorted itself out - i bribed him a few times by buying him a present for being a big boy and now its like it never happened! :thumbsup: