PDA

View Full Version : oh forgot to ask

hollyoaksmad
03-10-2010, 03:49 PM
what age can a child travel in front seat with correct booster seat? mother has insisted the 7 year old be fine as i have no other room in the back only a middle sit with a waist belt

from previous convo...

I had a phone call of a lady desperate for child care sounded very lovely. her request was pick up children from school in car as its about an hour walk. i then said would you like to come visit then i found out she does not drive so i offered to go to hers.

children very hyperrrrr and there was another man there ... no introductions. I said the dad will need to sign aswell she said dad is in prison which is y she needs childcare to visit him.

any so once contracts half filled she asked would it be possible to drop the children of at the train station to meet her there. cheeky i think ... im not a taxi service.

Prices : 4ph per child after school cheap I know
Pick up children from school £4.00
this includes food

£28 for 3 -6 alltogether but she didnt offer to pay for me to drop them of at station and i feel like im being taken for a mug and im really nervous. i couldnt really say no as put on the spot...

do you lot offer lifts etc and charge?

Pipsqueak
03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
there is no age about where children can sit in the car, however it is not reccommended that children under 12 sit in the front of the car where there is an airbag.

check the ROSPA website.

If you have to put a child in the front:
turn of airbag if possible - never ever place a rear facing car seat where an airbag is on in the front
chid should in an appropriate car seat
the seat should be pushed as far back as possible.

Carpet Monkeys
03-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Be careful though, if you do turn off your airbag you could in making your car insurance invalid!

Alibali
03-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Probably safer in front with correct seat rather then in back with a lapbelt.