PDA

View Full Version : Multi-cultural/Diversity homemade book

Mcgons
03-10-2010, 02:31 PM
My Oftsed Inspector suggested I make a scrapbook to add to my book box with pictures of people from different cultures etc.

She said to get pictures of people doing ordinary things, so I was thinking I could split the book up into sections, like babies, children playing, people who help us, different homes etc.

Has anyone done anything like this, how did you do it?

Mouse
03-10-2010, 02:39 PM
I haven't done anything like that, but it sounds like a good idea.

Let us know how it turns out :thumbsup:

sarah707
03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I made some lovely photo albums with the children... they took the photos and we printed them together and they stuck them into scrap books and put labels and stickers on them.

I suppose that's a similar idea, except these were based on the children's interests and likes.

Unfortunately one of the older children left them out while I was making tea and a little one tore them up... which is a lesson in laminating I suppose! :(

There are some little people for people who help us knocking around on the internet, they might be a starting point. I think they are from ltscotland.

Hth :D

cherry
03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I think this might be the link.

http://www.primaryclassroomresources.co.uk/acatalog/People-Who-Help-Us-Job-Information-Posters.html

miffy
04-10-2010, 06:36 AM
There are some lovely photos on the Oxfam website

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/education/resources/category.htm?11

Miffy xx

jo f
04-10-2010, 09:00 AM
get down to bus depot etc. Timetables & leaflets show different races and abilities too, holiday brochures are also a good one, catalogues show different ages etc, enjoy!

Lozza83
18-10-2010, 03:38 AM
I have a display folder in my children's book pile which has lots of different people and cultures in. My children love looking at it and asking questions :)

A lot of my pictures came from traveling magazines etc and I just cut them out and stuck them to a piece of paper and inserted in the folder.