PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Jane Twin Two or Powertwin?

Mouse
03-10-2010, 02:27 PM
What do you think of them?

I'm on the look out for a tandem pushchair that I can fix a buggy board to.

I like the look of the Powertwin, but reviews say it tips easily, especially when going up pavements. So, would the Twin Two be better.

Is there much room in the back seat on either of them? Would you fit 2 toddlers in, or are they better for a baby and toddler?

Blimey, it's not easy trying to decide what to spend your money on, is it :rolleyes:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
03-10-2010, 04:44 PM
My sister has a jand powertwin one and i found it really easy to push, she had a 5 month old in the back and 2 year old in the front.

I have just took on a 2 year old and 14 month old, and wanted to get a double pram, and i found the same one as my sister and got it for £100 from ebay with rain cover and brand new cosytoes it is in fantastic condition.

I wouldnt say it tips easily but i think that 3 wheels arnt as sterdy as 4 wheels when your mounting a kerb.
hope this helps :)

sweets
03-10-2010, 05:30 PM
i have a powertwin and love it, i have 2 toddlers in it and theres plenty of room, my friend uses one too and has a buggy board on it too that fits really well, and is still light to push even with one hand

as for the tipping, yes it does a bit when going up higher steps, normal kerbs are fine, its just going up steps into shops that it can be a bit unsteady and takes a bit of getting used to, but if you hit the step straight on its fine.

Helen79
03-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I've got a powertwin and fit 2 toddlers in, the back seat is really roomy compared to other tandems. ds (3 in Jan) sits in the front and I have an 18month old in the back.
I find it really easy to push, especially one handed when one of the toddlers wants to walk.
Mine's never tipped up.

Zoomie
03-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Mine is great too.

Not using it much at the moment but had been using it for a big almost 3 year old and my 2.5y DD.

It was hard to push but what do you expect with 35kgs of toddler inside.

Also have a buggy board that fitted onto it too :D

snufflepuff
03-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I use it with my son, 19 months, and either a 20 month old or 16 month old. When I have all three, one goes on a buggy board on the back (the type where the child can sit down.)
I'm really pleased with it. It gets a bit heavy up hills but it would be really, theres about 50lb worth of toddler in there plus the weight of the buggy and any luggage! I do find it can tip but only if you try to go up or down a kerb at an angle or up a high step like the one to get in my house. Otherwise it's very sturdy and easy to manouver.

PixiePetal
03-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I have a twin two, need to sell it now as I have moved house and it is too big for my village bus, so I got a P&T (not my fave but it does the job).

It has plenty of room, light weight-ish in itself, heavier when I was pushing a 2 1/2 and 18m in it! They were very comfy though and both could sleep well. Getting up kerbs fully loaded needs a lean on the handlebar -( maybe because I am only 5' 4') just like most tandems :rolleyes:

Feels sturdy and strong and looks nice too :)

singlewiththree
04-10-2010, 08:29 AM
I love my jane powertwin BUT I find I can't use a normal buggy board with it as I have a baby who needs to lie flat and when the back seat is down then I can't get the buggy board on.