PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on advertising???

hannahsstar
08-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi just wondered if anyone had any tips on advertising. I've got 2 places available and have had for months. I've put up posters in shops, health visitor's clinic, I'm on CIS site and have an advert on here and on Netmums.com. Any other ideas???

Jae

mum22
08-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Hi

I too have had long periods of vacancies that need filling, have you had business cards printed up, i found this useful as when anyone asked my tel. number i would scrabble around for the back of receipt, and looked quite scrappy - vista print, have a good list of free, discounted stuff at present. I have also just bought a NCMA Registered Childminder Gillet as my son has just started nursery so a whole new set of mums see me now, and already have received lots of positive feedback.

Have you registered with your local network co-ordinator - given other childminders your number -

hope this helps , sometimes it helps to know others have are in the same situation.

Hope you get some calls soon
X Helen:idea:

anneriddington
08-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I find the best way is to tell every one what you do. Sounds mad but its surprising what a difference it makes, some minders don't blow their own trumpets enough:blush: Not saying Im great but dont be a shrinking violet be a blooming sumflower:)

sarah707
08-04-2008, 12:51 PM
There are a few good ideas on this thread... hope they help! :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4171

John
08-04-2008, 09:48 PM
One for the summer that i'm thinking of doing? go to your local big main park if you have one close by, Taking a child with you and just give a card or little leaflet to all in the play area, or just drop a few cards on the floor in your local big shops Asda, tesco ect this how i got a cupple of parent's visiting me last your. Not had no luck in posting door to door and given up on this one lol.

John

miffy
09-04-2008, 06:59 AM
That's a good idea John - I was going to say get yourself out and about locally to toddler groups as a lot of work comes from just being known and of course people see you with the children so know you take them out etc

Good luck

miffy xx

Tatia
09-04-2008, 07:17 AM
I volunteer myself to the PTA to run a booth at both the Xmas and the Summer fairs. In return, they allow me to put up a tri-folding board which advertises my business and promotes childminding in general. I also have created a nice flyer to which I attach my business card. Some of the older mindees like to stand by the stall and hand them out for me.:D

If nothing else, it certainly makes me highly visible and instantly recognizeble as a childminder for the rest of the school year!

venus89
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
And you can advertise free on Yell.com........

emmadines
09-04-2008, 07:53 PM
One for the summer that i'm thinking of doing? go to your local big main park if you have one close by, Taking a child with you and just give a card or little leaflet to all in the play area, or just drop a few cards on the floor in your local big shops Asda, tesco ect this how i got a cupple of parent's visiting me last your. Not had no luck in posting door to door and given up on this one lol.

John

so you litrally drop a handful in asdas etc?? into customer services or in every isle

John
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
so you litrally drop a handful in asdas etc?? into customer services or in every isle

Yes why not? not every isle just where mums and dads will go like the toy and baby items isles and their no come back about advertising in a place you can't as you did drop them?, in my super markets you can't put avertising cards up new or if you can they get taken down as soon you put them up.

John.

hannahsstar
10-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Thank you everybody, I'll let you know how I get on.

Jae

:thumbsup:

chels55
10-04-2008, 08:58 PM
I advertised online, shop windows, and did a leaflet drop
but the one enquiry i did get was from another childminder i had spoken to because she was full she gave them my number i am so grateful to her as i was beginning to wonder if i would ever get any enquiry