PDA

View Full Version : wish i never agreed what do you think?

hollyoaksmad
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I had a phone call of a lady desperate for child care sounded very lovely. her request was pick up children from school in car as its about an hour walk. i then said would you like to come visit then i found out she does not drive so i offered to go to hers.

children very hyperrrrr and there was another man there ... no introductions. I said the dad will need to sign aswell she said dad is in prison which is y she needs childcare to visit him.

any so once contracts half filled she asked would it be possible to drop the children of at the train station to meet her there. cheeky i think ... im not a taxi service.

Prices : 4ph per child after school cheap I know
Pick up children from school £4.00
this includes food

£28 for 3 -6 alltogether but she didnt offer to pay for me to drop them of at station and i feel like im being taken for a mug and im really nervous. i couldnt really say no as put on the spot...

do you lot offer lifts etc and charge?

sarah707
03-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I am not a taxi service either.

I would offer to collect / drop off children if the parent was unable to drive but I would charge for my time.

I would take a child to their parents house as a one off if their car broke down but it would be at my convenience.

There is no way I could do what you are doing because of other children / my family.

If you think you have taken on too much then you can use the settling in period that is written into your contract to terminate.

Hth :D

Ripeberry
03-10-2010, 02:34 PM
As regarding lifts it depends on how many other mindees or even your own kids that you are dragging around?
Is this a one-off or everyday? Just MAKE SURE you get the money upfront!

Shirlwith3
03-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I had a parent come to see me the other week wanting a childminder to collect her son from school at 12 (part time till middle of Dec) & to drop him of at preschool between 12.15- 12.30, so in effect wants to use me as a taxi said yes can do & that I will be charging her 35 ad day for it, mum then said yes that is fine, then a few days later I get a message left on answer machine to say that they can't afford it & have managed to work something out with work.
Am glad mum changed her mind as I am not a taxi service surely she could of hired a taxi service do pick him of & drop him of.

Hebs
03-10-2010, 02:52 PM
if you charge specifically for dropping them off you'll have to register as a taxi :panic:

if you dont want to do it then give notice xx

The Juggler
03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I would not do it hon. It will seriously restrict what other mindees you can take on.

Mouse
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
You need to think about what you would do if you had other mindees, also what would happen if your car was off the road for any reason?

Hard as it is, I'd phone the mum and say you're sorry, but having thought about it, you're not going to be able to commit to all the picking up & dropping off. Tell her that it wouldn't work for other mindees you'll have.

Would you be able to help her find someone else who could do it for her?