PDA

View Full Version : Safety theme

terrydoo73
02-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I am planning my November theme around safety - bonfire night being at the beginning of the month and road safety week at the end. I am looking for ideas and inspiration.

I have thought obviously of plenty of firemen, police dressing up stuff and of course in the small world area a fire station and police cars etc.

I do have loads of craft ideas with it being bonfire night and then at the end of the month I have things like the traffic light biscuits to bake.

I have managed to get a brilliant story book called Toads Road Code but I want a few more - any suggestions in this end would be grateful. I know there are a few safety type books on bonfire so was going to make up my own book with all the fire safety tips in it etc.

I have jigsaws with firemen and ambulances etc on them so that is OK.

There is probably enough here but would just love to get the whole thing right and see where I am!

breezy
02-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Sounds like you're doing brilliant, loads there already

http://www.welephant.co.uk/

some good links here

http://www.trackoff.org/

free railway safety books etc here

guest4
02-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi!

Frances the Firefly from the fire service is a great book that we have used recently for our Fire Safety week! Free copies available from them directly!

We also made our Little Tykes car into a fire engine! By making a ladder out of pipe lagging and rolling up an unused length of hose to put on it!!!! Kept Fireman Freddie busy for ages!!!! lol :laughing:

Have fun!

Tracey xx

Pipsqueak
02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Its worth looking on sites like NSPCC for safety stuff.
Check with your LA to see if they have any resources about bonfire night and road safety.

the road safety organisation BRAKE have their road safety campagne running. check their website too.

Carpet Monkeys
02-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Try contacting your local Community Fire Officer, they may bring a fire engine round to your house!! Only found this out when we went to an awards dinner last week and the award we were there for was sponsored by the counties fire servce and we were sat on a table with lots of firemen ;) I mentioned that I was a childminder and asked if he would he be able to bring his fire engine round to my house to show little ones :thumbsup:

PS - I'm a happily married woman, even though I've not seen my hubby for nearly 5 months now :)