PDA

View Full Version : Week 1.............done & dusted!

tiger79
01-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Only had one before and after schooler this week (my first week as a childminder), but really enjoyed it. My daughter is going to take a while to get used to having to share her toys and her Daddy, but she's been pretty good. I'm desperately trying to do activities with them when they come in from school as they both still fall into the Early Years and want to ensure I'm following the EYFS, but they are shattered and just want to veg in front of the TV or play with the trainset :)

Today was a bit more difficult as they were both really tired and bickered a bit and found myself telling my daughter to behave when it wasn't always her fault. Need to set some ground rules I think next week!

I've managed to a do a bit of agency work this week to make up for the fact I haven't got a pre-schooler yet:panic:

My wife has been at home looking after our baby which enables me to go out on the agency in the day, but she returns to work in a fortnight so really need to get that pre-schooler ASAP or else I'll have to resort to agency work in the evenings / weekends.

PixiePetal
01-10-2010, 10:40 PM
well done, roll on week two!

boageymonster
02-10-2010, 06:41 AM
well done its so refreshing to her of a daddy wanting and enjoying spending time at home :)

mrs_scottydog
02-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Glad to hear that your first week has gone ok and you've enjoyed it. Hope you find a preschooler soon! :)