PDA

View Full Version : grant help plz

hollyoaksmad
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
in my area they have given us a captial grant but only to purchase items in these categorize ICT, Storage or Outdoor Equipment

now i dont want to seem dumb or stupid but would cameras and things like that come in to the catorgory im really struggling i can by a netbook for the kids but what else please help

margaret
01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
I bought a camera ,laptop,printer ,wirleless pen tablet ,cd player ,childs camers and computer games under ICT.Playhouse,storage shed ,and new grass for outdoors,and storage units for indoors.We were given £5000.00.We were given choice of different ICT packages from Novatech but in the end we were able to buy from where we wanted ,just had to produce reciepts.Hope this helps.

hollyoaksmad
01-10-2010, 06:06 PM
5,000 blimey we got £400 yes thanks that helpsx

Pixie dust
01-10-2010, 06:17 PM
wow how lucky are you, I wish I could acess some money like that but no grants available in my area at the mo :(

charleyfarley
01-10-2010, 07:11 PM
5,000 blimey we got £400 yes thanks that helpsx

Haha I got my letter today too, £400 not as much as some but hey it's something :clapping: :clapping:

You don't need to buy what's on the list they are only suggestions so you can buy what you think will help you and benefit your setting :thumbsup:

I'm really stuck as to what to buy, which is unlike me :laughing:

Carol

Mouse
01-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Blimey, you're lucky. They've cancelled all our grant funding :(

Mouse
01-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorry, forgot to answer your question!

If you look at an online store, such as TTS Educational, or SBS Eductaional, they break their categories down into ICT etc. It would give you some idea of what can come under each category.

funfunfun
01-10-2010, 07:37 PM
:( jelous ....................nothing for us here

em29
01-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh my goodness - £5,0000??? In my area we get £200 - which I was pleased with! it makes me so mad that some poor people get nothing...totally unfair. Which areas are offering the £5,000?

hollyoaksmad
01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Haha I got my letter today too, £400 not as much as some but hey it's something :clapping: :clapping:

You don't need to buy what's on the list they are only suggestions so you can buy what you think will help you and benefit your setting :thumbsup:

I'm really stuck as to what to buy, which is unlike me :laughing:

Carol

Hi was told you cant buy anything you have buy things in the catergeries ov ICT, Storage or Outdoor Equipment. sent the lady an email i asked if i could buy baby bouncer but they wont let u :(

PixiePetal
01-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Blimey, you're lucky. They've cancelled all our grant funding :(

ours too :(

hollyoaksmad
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
can i buy pogo printer with it x

juejue
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM
some childminders here got up to £10,000.

We were told to ask for that much.

I am still waiting to hear from mine.

but been told not to give up hope. they are still sorting them all out.

so fingers cross....i may hear something soon :clapping:

Mookins
01-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Im not jealous.....well done ladies you are very lucky indeed:clapping:

we didnt even get funding for free NCMA pack like most did

we et a big fat ZERO:(

still not jealous;)
xxx

charleyfarley
01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Hi was told you cant buy anything you have buy things in the catergeries ov ICT, Storage or Outdoor Equipment. sent the lady an email i asked if i could buy baby bouncer but they wont let u :(

Think baby bouncer would be classed as equipment and not resources.

I phoned them up today and was told I could buy things that weren't on their list. What is on the list is suggested items, you may want something different :thumbsup:

It's so hard deciding :panic: :laughing:

Carol xx

blue bear
02-10-2010, 06:54 AM
Avpogo printer should be fine aslong as you are buying it to benefit your setting, pesume you are getting it to print photos for obs and learning journeys.

suez
02-10-2010, 03:21 PM
did you notice thou on the letter it states you HAVE to spend the money first send off receipts by jan (i think it says) before you recieve the money back:(

where as myself if there is anythin i need i buy them over time, iv not got £400 to spend out right now and wait a few months to get it back:panic:

margaret
02-10-2010, 03:23 PM
I should have said in last post ,i live in Hampshire ,and some cms got 10,000 plus to build an extra room ,or conservatory ,but they had to produce business plans ,and it was a bit more involved,cant remember ins and outs of it all now.We were told to put in for whole amount as nurseries ,pre schools were getting it and we do same job.We got this in June 2009 and it took approx 6mths to come through.

Baby bouncer is classed as equipment.I went through TTS,SBS and gault catalogues as suggested by council ,found what i wanted and then tried getting cheaper prices, argued with council about this but some items were 30-40 pounds more expensive and i wanted value for money .If i give up minding within 5 years of recieving grant will have to pay a percentage back.Had a wonderful time spending money and children have benefitted.

margaret
02-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I should have said ,i had to produce all reciepts for items and give list of what i had bought and how it benefitted children approx 6 months after i recieved money from council ,so bank balance looked good for a few weeks.