PDA

View Full Version : questions again

hollyoaksmad
01-10-2010, 03:09 PM
hi a parent has asked to reduce hours by half hour do i need to have the notice period eg 4 weeks?

also i have handed out the days im not working fir xmas and they want time of then do they pay ?

also if someone tells me they are having time of do they get that time free?

thanks

Pipsqueak
01-10-2010, 03:27 PM
hi a parent has asked to reduce hours by half hour do i need to have the notice period eg 4 weeks?

also i have handed out the days im not working fir xmas and they want time of then do they pay ?

also if someone tells me they are having time of do they get that time free?

thanks

it all depends on what your contracts state hun.

I do ask for written notice of at least two weeks to change/alter/amend exisiting contract. However this is not always practical so as long as I have it in writing and date from when that is fine by me.

q2: what is your contracts say? do you charge for parents time off/your time off? personally if I am not working then i don't charge

q3: again what does your contract say. think about this carefully - parents could book you as full time - then decide to have 2 days off per week which you are not making them pay for.
so no, if they want time off - they pay for all contracted booked hours regardless of how much notice they give you.

blue bear
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Depends on your contract and what you can afford really.

I would reduce by half an hour with out notice but if your contract states four weeks notice then you can stick by it.

My contract says if I am off on holiday they do not pay, so even if they are on holiday at teh same time I do not charge. So if you have said you are taking that time off before they have told you they are off then they don't need to pay IYSWIM