PDA

View Full Version : variation

kjenkins
01-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I am a new childminder and was contacted by a parent to have twins ages 9 months.
I applied for a variation to my certificate for this, Ofsted now want to come and visit me and talk about how i am going to be able to care for them.
I am very nervous about this and what to know if anyone else has been in this situation and what happens when they visit.

babs
01-10-2010, 01:37 PM
they go though how you plan your day to include both children making sure each is treated individual, make sure you have enough equipment for both 2 highchairs, travel cots , double buggy, toys etc.. i had to write a detailed plan of my day but as we all know nothing goes to plan :rolleyes: hope this helps..

mum2two
01-10-2010, 01:43 PM
I agree with babs. Have a plan all written out detailing how you will deal with everything. Sleeping, walks, car travel, eating, safety etc...

I would guess it's because you haven't had an inspection. After an inspection ofsted are a little bit more aware of you & your setting, and able to tell if you can 'cope' with a variation. I wouldn't worry. Just be yourself & tell them how brilliantly you would care for them! :thumbsup:

xx

MissTinkerbell
01-10-2010, 02:14 PM
As a mum of twins I'd also mention how you'd treat them as individuals and be aware that although they are twins their developmental needs will be different. Who Minds? mag has good article on minding twins this month.

Good luck - just be yourself.