PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Behaviour/pattern

VINASOL
01-10-2010, 11:18 AM
mindees A&B (3 1/2, and 6 1/2) arrived today very tired. Mindee B says that they didn't get to bed until after 9pm last night - think they went to a friends house when mum went to gym.

they often come very tired, and mindee A's behaviour is generally really bad - today whislt at a CM group, she started hitting me because I said she couldn't have another biscuit (no one else had one).

Anyways, another CM gave me some good advice about keeping records and stuff but what else do I do? I've written in her contact book that she was vyer tired, tearful and hitting out but do I need to put it anywhere esle?

The Juggler
01-10-2010, 12:03 PM
i would just write or type up a file note. Or when I had this before I started keeping a log. So I would type up the behaviour incident and then ask mum about bedtime/sleep night before and note that against behaviour incidnet to see if there were any links.

In my case the child had sleep exhaustion and was generally going to bed around 9pm every night at 2years old. He too used to hit me, bite me, spit at me.

Helen Dempster
01-10-2010, 11:22 PM
I've started using ABC charts (Antecedent - Behaviour - Consequence) for a mindee who's very challenging (love that word!) Google it and you should find a form you can print off for your needs :)

juejue
01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
I've started using ABC charts (Antecedent - Behaviour - Consequence) for a mindee who's very challenging (love that word!) Google it and you should find a form you can print off for your needs :)

Just google it.....thanks for sharing, will use them

watgem
02-10-2010, 05:48 PM
definitely keep records on a child's behaviour, I am learning from experience where I have mentioned a child's behaviour in the home/setting diary but not recorded it elsewhere unless another child has been hurt, as you have no evidence should it be required:(