PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping

lou246
01-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Good Morning!

I was just wondering, (as I always am) what you have for childrens naps? I've got a spare bedroom and still have a cot so I could put that up? Should I also buy a toddler bed? What do you all have?

Thanks xxx

singlewiththree
01-10-2010, 09:16 AM
It depends on the age of the child and what they are used to at home. At the moment I have two year olds who sleep in the buggy on the way to school. I have had 1 sleep in a travel cot on my landing, I have a baby who sleeps in a sling (4wks) or a lie flat chair/pram. I wouldn't go out and buy something special as every child is different and sometimes they get out of naps from age 2 and others don't and those that do are often happy to sleep on a mat on the floor or the sofa with permission from parents.

babs
01-10-2010, 09:45 AM
ive got a travel cot in spare room, but mine tend to sleep in morning on way to school wake up about now, then again when i pick up just before lunch and again school run at 3.15 so hardly ever use travel cot apart from school hols when we are in house... older ones ( 3yr old) has nap on sofa in living room or where ever she drops if shes fighting it...

mrs_scottydog
01-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I've got a travel cot which I use for my 23mth old mindee. He either sleeps in my room or my lo room (depends if my lo is having a sleep too). To begin with he used to only sleep in his buggy downstairs but I found that it's better if he sleeps upstairs as there's less noise. I was lucky to be given my travel cot for free by one of my mum's friends. Helen

cristinatuscanu
01-10-2010, 05:06 PM
In the nurseries they sleep on mats on the floor,and thats what i inted to do,buy a couple of them just in case,of course with parents permission

JulieA
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I use a travel cot for under two's, and I have a 'ready bed' for the over two's, or sometimes the sofa if they fall asleep there rather than moving them.