PDA

View Full Version : outings

Hebs
30-09-2010, 10:32 AM
do you go out with your mindees every day?

Blaze
30-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Yep - on really horrible days we just go on the school run (we walk), but to be honest I see that as following the child's interests (most of the time if it's cold, wet & windy they don't want to be out in it! If the weathers not too bad be puddle hunt etc & that they like but as I say there are days when I only go out with them when absolutely neccessary!

louised
30-09-2010, 11:02 AM
No I don't, we do go out every day as I also do the school run on foot but if the weather is really nasty the school run is as far as we go and Ofsted can say what they like:eek: We do lots of stimulating indoor activites instead

Hebs
30-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Sorry i meant outings to groups toddlers etc?

Blaze
30-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Oh in that case no - most days we do - but not EVERY day.

Polly2
30-09-2010, 11:26 AM
No! This morning we went on a nature walk and collected conkers and leaves :)

I go to toddlers 2 or 3 times a week :thumbsup:

theplayroom
30-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Yes every morning and most arvos as well, eoccasionally soft play but more usually park or seafront or we have friends to play and stay in the garden! :laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
30-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Yes but I only work 3 days childminding but I do like my routine of out in the morning, home for lunch, sleep(the children that is!!), school run and home

Mouse
30-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Most of my mindees are here for 2 days a week and I plan it so that they each get one day when we go to toddler group & one day when we stop at home (though that obvioulsy includes playing outside - we're not indoors the whole day!)
Mindees who are here for 3 days usually get 2 days out & one days at home.

I think if they're only here for 2 days it's nice to have one day when we're not out & about. We get longer to do craft activities, get bigger play equipment out etc.

SaijaM
30-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes, we go to stay and play sessions each morning and then after lunch and nap again. There is so many children's centres near me, and the activities are great :)

Usually we do a trip to the park and playground in the morning too.. spot some animals and then to the groups.

We come home for some play and quiet time before parents collect..

xx Saija

georgie456
30-09-2010, 12:32 PM
No not every day.
We go to a childminding toddler group one day a week and we do a couple of outdoors trips during the week but we also spend plenty of time in the setting doing activities.

teacake2
30-09-2010, 02:12 PM
No, nothing near me and with 3 under 2s we cannot go on buses, I have no car and am not paying £10 each way for a taxi, so we either go a little walk to look at the trees, flowers etc or we stay at home.
Teacake2

little chickee
30-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I go out to groups , soft play maybe twice a week - slighty more soft play in the winter to run off some energy.

I do sometimes think i should go out more but i have 1 toddler group in my village that runs on a Monday and theres 1 about 9 miles away that runs on a Thursday but i tend not to go there too much in the winter as its a windy country road and in bad weather its not a nice ( or particularly safe) journey.

Hebs
30-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I have found some fab groups locally. Mini makers which is an arts and crafts session, music bugs for song and dance along with toddler groups and sensory room i can have the kids out every morning but wasnt sure if it was too much x

Mouse
30-09-2010, 03:37 PM
I have found some fab groups locally. Mini makers which is an arts and crafts session, music bugs for song and dance along with toddler groups and sensory room i can have the kids out every morning but wasnt sure if it was too much x

I think it depends what suits you and the children. It sounds like you've got a great mix of different activities & groups you could go to, not simply the basic toddler groups. Here we're a bit more limited as we only really have toddler groups, but I use the children's centre a lot when they have different activities on in the holidays.

PixiePetal
30-09-2010, 04:14 PM
I have CM group twice a month on Wednesdays, toddler group weekly on Tuesdays and might go out and about on other days - I have a great big garden and all our farm and woods to walk in though so happy to stay here too. CM friends and their mindees come over for lunches and play too.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Some weeks once and some weeks twice plus 1 soft play a week and this month we have our group meeting

I used to do something 4 times a week but found that I wasn't spending any quality time with the children so I have dropped one.

mamasheshe
30-09-2010, 04:38 PM
yep pretty much everyday if we don't we tend to go to another cm or have people round or go for a stomp in the woods!

rachelle
30-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I do 2 toddler groups a week and walks to beach (easy as opposite house!) or park but not every day. Tomorrow we're going to soft play but we don't every week :)

mama2three
30-09-2010, 05:15 PM

It depends on your children , hours and routine. If you have plenty of time at home to do your own activities , play , relax then why not go and enjoy what there is to offer. If I was out every morning I would feel like I got nothing done with them - i know that their experiences will give lots of learning you can link to eyfs , but cant always follow next step goals for children ...its about balance. I probably go out around half of the time to groups , plus the usual forest visits etc

funemnx
30-09-2010, 05:18 PM
I go to a coffee morning (CM and mums, we have a rota) or childminding group on Mondays, toddler groups Tuesday, wednesday and Friday (different ones). Thursday is a day when we do go out but might be garden centre, park ect (it's nice to have a day when we choose rather than plan) :)