PDA

View Full Version : Prospectus V Policies File

littleelm
30-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Hello!

I really want to do like an A5 Prospectus booklet for perspective parents... it would have most of my policies in.... under headings ... but it would specificially say 'Admissions Policy' would this still count as my policies? Or will I be making double work for myself?

Basically i'm not going to be using the word 'policy' for every single heading! It's going to me more sort of a quick reference manual to my childcare provision! Not sure i'm explaining myself properly!

Alibali
30-09-2010, 10:13 AM
I have a parent handbook which I think sounds similar to what you mean, aims and objectives, typical days, fees, holidays etc. I have a few important policies in it (compaints, confidentiality and child protection), but most of my policies are seperate in my policy folder.

littleelm
30-09-2010, 10:19 AM
So the parents don't need to have copies of most/all my policies then?

Alibali
30-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Yes, they get a copy of the policies too, just in a different book:) However I don't think they need to have their own copy, they just need to have seen them and be able to see them any time. Easier for them to have a copy. They also don't get their own copy until contract is signed.

karensmart4
01-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I have a policies folder that sits in mykitchen and parents are offered it on loan when they first sign up or they can just ask and see it at any time.

I also have a prospectus, it starts off;

'The benifits of a cm' then a bit about Us and Our Qualifications, Our Setting and Facilities, Holidays, Admin and Record Keeping, an Overview of the EYFS, Care,Learning and Play, Our Day, Routine and Outings, Menu and Nutrition, Health and Safety, Infections Procedure, Fee's and Hours, Payments, A bit about Policies and my full-Equal opps, Behaviour management, Health & Safety and Child Protection policies.

Also my Complaints Procedure, Working in partnership with parents Policy and finally my latest Ofsted report......phew :D

littleelm
01-10-2010, 07:18 PM
Thank you soooooo much for that list Karen! That will come in very handy! You honestly don't know how helpful that is!

karensmart4
01-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Thank you soooooo much for that list Karen! That will come in very handy! You honestly don't know how helpful that is!

Ah bless, thats ok :) you sound a bit stressed by it all. It can get a bit overwhelming at times.
If you need any help or advise at any time there's always someone on here, or even if you just need to vent your anger and get something off your chest :D
Partners can be supportive but they don't always 'get it' and cming can be quite isolating....so feel free :thumbsup:

Karen x

funfunfun
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I have an a4 folder with all my policies procedures in pictures of events etc .

My qualifications fees everything you could think of.

I let the parents look through whilst i play with the kids ...........if they have any questions they ask. :)

Works for me ..............

Kaz1997
02-10-2010, 01:09 AM
My parents are given a copy of my prospectus, charges and policies. At the end of the documents is a check list of my policies with little boxes, the idea is that they tick each box to confirm that they have recieved, read and signed each of the policies.
I do this because at the end of the day, the policies are mine, written by me so I know what each one contains, so why would I want a huge pile of them back again with signatures on. Its far easier to just have the check/tick list.

appleblossom
03-10-2010, 09:32 AM
I usually give parents a copy of my Complaints Policy, healthy eating and sickness policy and two copies of the Safeguarding Policy (one of which must be signed and returned with the permission forms), and details of fees and holiday arrangements. I give these with the contract.

Other policies I email to them when contracts have been signed. Then they can print off any they want a copy of. It cuts down on paperwork but parents still get the policies.