PDA

View Full Version : Are parents really this dim?????

Daftbat
30-09-2010, 07:26 AM
yesterday i was expecting two siblings to be collected around 5 pm. This has changed recently from 4.45 due to changes in working patterns for the parents which was fine. Got a call at 5.05pm saying that the parent had some problems at work and wouldn't be on time!..Der! That it would be about half an hour before they could get here.

When the parent arrived - 45 mins later i did mention that perhaps she could have phoned me BEFORE the actual pickup time to let me know she would be late. Surely they can tell the time and work out that if they haven't let work on time then they won't be here on time either.

Sorry - really awful week with kids this week and needed to vent AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Thats better:laughing:

mrs coops
30-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Some people obviously think we have no lives of our own and we revolve around there children:angry:
When i had aa cm i always let her know if i was going to be late.
xxxxxxxx

The Juggler
30-09-2010, 09:14 AM
yes, hardly worth phoning AFTER pick up time to say you'll be late -I guess you had worked that one out all by yourself.

It's not fair to the kids eitehr.

Alibali
30-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Yes, we're not supposed to make plans of our own:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

desiderata
30-09-2010, 11:49 AM
I do school runs and pick up and drop off one child to and from home frequently one of my others whose child is not at school will text or ring me and say "Im knocking on your door" when this is either a late drop off of early pick up. and when I say "well I'm not in" then she will say "Well where are you then cos Im waiting" x duuuh

candy cat
30-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I would suggest they change times again until 6pm so at least you know where you are....if they say no say well I will be charging £ 6 an hour for latenees.....bet they don't do it again! cx

Happy Bunny
30-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I get this all the time from one of my parents, I finally flipped last week as i missed a school appointment and had to wait over an hour to be seen again.
Kindly informed the parent the following:
"I love my job and take great pride in what i do, but my family will always come first, if this situation arises again i will charge you a late pick up fee of £10 and will be giving you a months notice as the terms of our contract are not being met"

She has been on time ever since

sunnysmile
30-09-2010, 12:57 PM
I have a family this has happened with a few times, pick up is 5 at 5.15 I will do the phone call rounds, mums mobile, dads mobile, home, then 5 minutes later mum will call from home and I say child has not been picked up yet could you arrange it please. Mum will say oh dad must have forgotten I will chase him up and dad will stroll in about 45 minutes late. One day I am going to say to mum, you work from home, you must notice he is not home so why do you not come and get him?
I wouldn't mind but when I ask for more on invoice they actually question why they have to pay it and if change is given they stand and count it :laughing: