PDA

View Full Version : ZUMBA FANS

The Juggler
29-09-2010, 09:21 PM
for all you zumba fans out there, I found a great website with free zumba music to download.

http://www.myspace.com/zumbamusic

I was looking for some new music for our dance/songtime and found my favorite ever zumba track (the last one on the list). The kids absolutely loved it! They bounced and jumped themselves silly and I tried to show them a few moves whcih was hilarious.

Thought it was a nice share and covers CD/PD and KUW. If you're new to zumba put it on and enjoy - it's very happy music.:)

aly
29-09-2010, 09:28 PM
thanks for this....ve justcome back from ther tonight {going again tomorrow}.

x

The Juggler
29-09-2010, 09:38 PM
thanks for this....ve justcome back from ther tonight {going again tomorrow}.

x

i did two this week too. I love it! only exercise I've ever done without checking the clock to see how long left:laughing: :laughing:

Mcgons
29-09-2010, 09:55 PM
i did two this week too. I love it! only exercise I've ever done without checking the clock to see how long left:laughing: :laughing:

It's popular at our leisure centre too, not tried it yet though! Might have to now!

The Juggler
29-09-2010, 09:58 PM
It's popular at our leisure centre too, not tried it yet though! Might have to now!

give it a go with the kids first. there's a mini vid of a bloke dancing on the website - that'll give you an idea of how fast the moves are but just jump and down and clap with the kids - they'll love it.

aly
29-09-2010, 10:15 PM
roughly 200 tonight...theres a double class tomorrow..we go to the later quieter one lol.

~Chelle~
30-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Was wondering if anyone has lost weight or toned up doing Zumba??

I am really interested in doing it but would like to know if it does help you lose weight?

Thanks

mama2three
30-09-2010, 06:56 AM

I am really interested in doing it but would like to know if it does help you lose weight?

Thanks

I lost a bit of weight with weight watchers , then started zumba and the diet went by the wayside ( my willpower became wont power). I have put back on a bit of weight , but none of the 'size' if that makes sense. Im sure thats down to zumba. When I started the class in about April there were only 3 of us there! Last night there were about 40. I highly recommend it , and ds ( 4 ) loves the dances and wiggles!

The Juggler
30-09-2010, 07:14 AM

Thanks

i went once a week from May (after studying). It burns roughly 500-800 cals an hour depending on how intense you work/the class is (check out the zumba official site and seriously it's so enjoyable you won't know you are exercising). Don't need to be co-ordinated as most of it's so fast everyone is just laughing trying to keep up:laughing:

I was also eating sensibly, cut out carbs at lunch a few times a week and 4 out of 7 evenings I had none either but had massive platefuls of food - salad and veggies and grilled meat. I never cut out wine and still had a bit of dark choccie every night. But alongside once a week zumba I managed to lose 10lbs between may and july. I totally swear zumba was key in that.

great for toning legs, bums and tums ;)

mama2three
30-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Have just played that last track and had a little dance round the lounge - put me in a much better mood to start the day :D I love that one

~Chelle~
30-09-2010, 08:59 AM
i went once a week from May (after studying). It burns roughly 500-800 cals an hour depending on how intense you work/the class is (check out the zumba official site and seriously it's so enjoyable you won't know you are exercising). Don't need to be co-ordinated as most of it's so fast everyone is just laughing trying to keep up:laughing:

I was also eating sensibly, cut out carbs at lunch a few times a week and 4 out of 7 evenings I had none either but had massive platefuls of food - salad and veggies and grilled meat. I never cut out wine and still had a bit of dark choccie every night. But alongside once a week zumba I managed to lose 10lbs between may and july. I totally swear zumba was key in that.

great for toning legs, bums and tums ;)

Thanks for that, I have seen a class advertised for Tuesday evenings so will sign up to that.:thumbsup:

I did it once as a warm up for Race for Life and really enjoyed it, just wondered if anyone had results as I need to tone my tum, bum and legs :blush: