PDA

View Full Version : would you raise this as an issue?

rachelle
29-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Local children's centre holds a book about minders with a profile for each local mider in it (they are all uniform, apparently it's unfair on others if we do our own... but that's an argument for a different day!) Anyhow, all our OFSTED numbers are printed on our profiles. Not sure I like that - surely ayone can 'borrow' a number for a tc claim?

guest4
29-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I think I would certainly raise this as an issue or concern with your CC Manager. Even the Families Information Service dont give out your Ofsted Reg No!!!!!

Tracey x

sarah707
29-09-2010, 08:53 PM
absolutely! I imagine it's there so people can look up your report but it is soooo open to abuse :(

Pipsqueak
29-09-2010, 08:54 PM
No i wouldn't like that either and its quite a contentious issue. Yes i would ask for it to be removed.

However, parents can look at ofsted reports and gather ey numbers that way. To be honest, if you have a general idea of who the minder is, its not hard to match them to their report and therefore get their ey number.

Winnie
29-09-2010, 08:57 PM
The way I look at it our URN are (semi) public property anyway, anyone finding my report on the ofsted site will see it, its on my copy of my report, my registration certificate (which must be on display in our setting) shows it and so I do not get worked up about it. I am not responsible for what people may or may not do with my number, the tax office will not hold me responsible for any fraud that takes place using my number because it is in the public domain anyway.
:)

kentcfis
30-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi rachelle and others...

The following document outlines what must be provided to parents and those seeking information on registered childcare which all family information services (FIS) must provide where consent for publication is given.

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2007/pdf/uksi_20073490_en.pdf

Page 3

Section 1

(a) the registered person’s name;

(d) the address of the registered person, if different from the address of the relevant premises;

(e) any telephone number, fax number or email address of the registered person or the relevant premises;

(h) the unique reference number or other identifier used by the Chief Inspector in relation to the registered person;

HMRC have indicated that they have 'methods and procedures' in place to identify fraudulent claims and the advice to FIS was to adhere to Statute; this has also been agreed with DCSF now DfE.

I would however question it being provided in a book / printed format as information can get out of date very quickly especially if OfSTED was to suspend someone pending investigations or the listed person ceases to be a registered provider.